1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

blasphemy

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by charles_creech78, Apr 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harold Garvey

Harold Garvey New Member

Yes, Brother, it is blasphemy for a child of God, or anyone else, to say they CAN commit sin inspite of the Blood of Christ!

It is the position of the child of God as sinless before the Father when he is saved from his sin. It is this sinless state Adam had before his sin in the Garden of Eden. This is called The Regenerative Quality afforded by grace found ONLY in Christ.

These "players" on Baptist Board need to BACK-OFF! They seem more like they're out to get somebody than putting their energies towards edification.

2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

It seems your efforts would be much better spent commenting on the first outrageous post.

3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

It depends, if you are quoting Scripture out of context and the next person does not quote Scripture, but gives an accurate representation of Scripture, what do you think?

4. charles_creech78

charles_creech78 New Member

Thank you.

5. charles_creech78

I guess people practice what they preach. If they preach they can sin. Well I am sure you know where I am going with this one. It is not ok to sin.

6. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

This is not an accurate statement.
    If you say you cannot commit sin, then indeed you put yourself at odds with the Bible.

7. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

No one said it is ok to sin.

Even the apostle John admitted that we WILL sin.

1 John 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

He never said that we would not sin. The Lord made a provision for our sins as a Christian.

He also wrote this to believers:
    1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
    --Why would he write this to Christians if Christians cannot sin?

8. historyb

historyb New Member

Well let me be the first to welcome you to the human race, because saying that you just committed a sin

9. thegospelgeek

thegospelgeek New Member

Instead of fighting over semantics wouldn't it be fair to say that when a born again child of God commits an act of sin it is covered by the blood of Christ? I think all would agree that a beleiver can commit an act of sin. John wrote to the beleiver that when we do sin (committ this act of sin) we confess said act and Christ is faithful to forgive said action.

Although I really don't see a difference between the definitions.

This thread would be about half the length it is if we all quit name calling.

10. charles_creech78

That is not what this tread is about. It turn into that. I will ask you again DHK. Is saying you are born again and you commit such sins that I posted at first is that not blaphomy against God. Go look where Jesus talks about blasphome. It said because they said he has a unclean spirit. If you saying you can commit such sins as a born again christain then you are saying the holy ghost is a unclean spirit which dwells in you. 1Co 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? Is it blasphome DHK. Yes or No.

11. charles_creech78

Ok you want to judge me. God said that I cannot commit sin not me.1Jn 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. I never said I have no sin. Go read the rest of my post before you start to judge me.

12. historyb

historyb New Member

That's not quite accurate nor in context, I know that false doctrine pretty good. It's sad when believers want to lie to themselves and further commit the sin of pride

13. charles_creech78

Ya go look at my post brother. You will see that I never said I do not have sin. I do not commit it and that is the truth . Take it or leave it. That quite was not accurate to your belief or your stander. I am born again of God and his seed remaneth in me. THat seed is JESUS CHRIST who keeps me and guides me in the truth and sin is not the truth.

14. charles_creech78

Pride You are telling me crieing yourself to sleep is bride. Or sorry for the sins you commited before God is pride. Brother you do not know how long I cried to God to free me from the burdens of my sins. And when he did I will never forget that day. That burden of sin was so heavy I did not know how heavy it was till he lifted it from me. God free me from that. Do you really think the burden that I was free from I would want to do or commit them again. You do not know the power of God and what he did on that cross for us that do believe. He said I will never leave you nor forsake you I will be with you even till the end of the world. Calling him a lier it wrong for he surely is with me.

15. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Charles, every Christian fails in some way to continually keep the commands of Christ. According to you heaven will be empty.
    Do you pray without ceasing.
    Do you give thanks always.
    Do you forgive 7X70 or always.
    --These are just some of the examples, not to mention loving the Lord thy God with ALL of your heart, ALL of your soul, ALL of your might, etc. Can you say that you honestly do that? ALL of the time. No one does, and thus no one will be in heaven. (according to you)
    Jesus was speaking to the Pharisees when he was present on the earth in the flesh. I do not believe that this sin is possible to commit today. Thus it is a moot point.
    See above explanation. This passage explains it better. The Pharisees were attributing the works of Satan to the work of Christ. Instead of admitting that he was doing his works by the power of the Holy Spirit they were accusing him of doing his works by the power of Satan. That is what blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is. Christ is not on the earth today doing miracles right before us. It is impossible to deny them, and attribute them to Satan. The sin cannot be committed.
    The Holy Spirit will always dwell in me no matter what sin I commit, even if I (God forbid) fall into adultery. And btw, every man lies at some point in his life. "Let God be true, but every man a liar." Rom.3:4. My sins are all under the blood: the past, the present, and the future--no matter what kind of sins they are. Heaven does not depend on what kind of sins I commit. It depends on whether or not I have put my faith in the sacrificial work of Christ. It is not my works or lack thereof that will get me to heaven.
    That is true. The Holy Spirit always indwells the believer.
    False. That is akin to blasphemy Charles. Why would you call God, the Holy Spirit, unclean? Isn't that blasphemy? The Holy Spirit indwells me whether or not I sin. If I sin, it is I, not the Holy Spirit that sins. I don't blame God for my sin. But the believer still sins. The provision for the believers sin is made in 1John 1:9; 1John 2:1,2. Did John write that Scripture in vain? Was the Lord speaking just for nothing?
    That is what Jesus said to the Pharisees. They were unsaved. What is your point?
    You are taking Scripture out of context. It is obvious that you don't know what these Scriptures mean. Why not study them out before confusing them with other Scriptures like 1John 1:8,10 which clearly contradicts your position.

16. historyb

historyb New Member

You sin, we all sin. Numerous times you have lied here. You are not perfect only one was as long as we remain here we will sin, but we can repent and Christ will forgive us as I hope and pray you do for this heresy

17. historyb

historyb New Member

That is the initial Salvation experience, but even after that we still sin. As long as your living here you will never ever stop sinning.

18. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please tell me - if you do not commit sin, then how do you have sin?

19. charles_creech78

I have told you that I have sin. I get upset and get slack in the Lords work. That is not rightess to get upset or slack in the Lords work. He said all unrightessness is sin. But it is of my flesh because sin is condem in my flesh. But to go around and commit some sins that have been posted I will not cannot commit. Ok DHK how do you and the rest of you take this scripture? 1Jn 3:6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him. Do you abideth in him? If we all sin then who knows him. Abideth, To stay dwell,continue,endure,be present,stand,tarry, Is God present when you sin theses sins. Are you saying God is a unclean spirit.

20. charles_creech78

Do you have scripture that a person cannot commit blasphemy today. How is it confusing. Who is confused? You. I surely am not confused. You say you have the HOLY GHOST dwelling in you but you can commit any kind of sin. They was telling Jesus that he was unclean. Because he was telling the truth and that they was evil. Why because it says he that HAVE NO SIN is a lier and the truth is not in him. Who said they HAVE NO SIN? I did not say that. I told all of you I do not commit sin. The Bible stats that fact to. I told you I have sin. Let me tell you again for the third or fourth time. All unrightessness is sin. Being slack in the Lords work and getting upset is unrightessness. Or are all of you upset that I do not do the sins that you do. This topic was not about if I sin or not but all of you are fast to judge me. This topic was about blasphemy. As you put it DHK . You turned it around like I had did it. But it is not so bright. I thought you said someone could not do such a thing as you stated. You sure trie to make it look like I did it. Shame on you DHK. The Lord is my stranght. He leads me and guides me. Jesus told the truth that there deeds are evil and I am telling you the truth if you think you can commit a sin like the one that are is posted and be born again then I say your unto your deeds are evil. Look what they did to Jesus for telling the truth. It is blasphemy if you think you can commit a sin and are born again of God.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.