1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Blind Guides:

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by servant_wayne, Aug 2, 2003.

1. Blind Guides:

You, who claim the Bible is the unerring Word of God, demonstrate that your calling is not self-declared, but of God. Prove to the sheep that I am not God's servant by disproving my argument: Acts is a denial of what Paul has sworn before God is the truth and is a contradiction of Galatians.

The evidence of my argument is here:

http://members.cox.net/galatians/house1.html

If one accepts this challenge, keep in mind that preaching is not a substitute for facts. For if that's all you can offer, it will be self-evident to all that if one refuses to be truthful with what is obvious, they are not to be trusted with what is not.

I intend to post my argument on at least a thousand sites. And simply won't have time to address every comment or opinion, but I will make every effort to address any legitimate argument made known to me claiming to be proof that there is error in my argument.

A word of caution, I will reject any argument that is dependent upon reading things into Acts that is neither said nor implied. Such arguments are designed to deceive and to confound the confused; for exegesis is nothing more than a ploy that Bible apologist use to try and get around obvious Biblical contradictions and absurdities.

Should one be able to prove by facts, alone, that my argument is false, I will acknowledge it and confess that I was deceived in believing that God has commanded me to feed the sheep. I will cease from preaching and calling myself a servant of God and remove my sites from the Internet.

Servant Wayne

2. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

I thought this was about seeing eye dogs.

3. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

In all seriousness, Your post has already been removed from Yes-I-Believe and I think you've been banned already.

A little friendly advice:

Coming in here with guns ablazin' in your very first post and then issuing a challenge that nobody even knows what you're talking about isn't the way to stick around for very long.

On top of that, you've posted in an area that's reserved for Baptists and your profile says "other". So, as sure as night follows day, I'd pretty much bet the ranch that this thread has no chance of making it past midnight.

May I suggest that you move it to "non-baptist doctrines" and tone it down a little before people start getting on your case, which I can pretty much guarantee that they will, given the tone of your post.

4. timothy 1769

timothy 1769 New Member

i liked this guy better back in the days when he used to have that public access cable show with garth....

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is the second person who has come on the board in the past few days who is obviously forgetting to take his medicine. [​IMG]

6. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

I'll be darned. It did make it past midnight. Whatd'yaknow?

7. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

Perhaps we need a forum for the "totally bizarre," or perhaps one entitled "false doctrines and their supporters?"

I cannot believe that someone would come to a "baptist board," post something like this, and expect people, not only to take him seriously, but actually believe what he is saying.

8. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Non-Baptist posting in Baptist Only forum and posting garbage, too!

Terry, It's very obvious to me that some people come with an agenda. Last night one man posted that he plans to post his 'prophecy' on 1,000 boards and that he won't be back to answer his responses. These people are either linking to something, selling something and / or really messed up.

Diane

9. Grasshopper

Grasshopper Active Member
    Site Supporter

However, the Greek word "akouo" is translated 373 times in the New Testament as "hear," "hears," "hearing" or "heard" and only in Acts 22:9 is it translated as "understand." In fact, it is the same word that is translated as "hearing" in Acts 9:7, quoted above. The word "understand" occurs 52 times in the New Testament, but only in Acts 22:9 is it translated from the Greek word "akouo."

Strong's Number: 191 a)kou/w

Definition
    to be endowed with the faculty of hearing, not deaf
    to hear
    to attend to, consider what is or has been said
    to understand, perceive the sense of what is said
    to hear something
    to perceive by the ear what is announced in one's presence
    to get by hearing learn
    a thing comes to one's ears, to find out, learn
    to give ear to a teaching or a teacher
    to comprehend, to understand

Also used in Romans:

Romans 11:8 God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear ;) unto this day.

Clearly speaking of understanding.

10. Grasshopper: I suppose you're saying that God would allow "akouo" to be misinterpreted for many hundreds of year until modern translators got it right, these same ones who are purposely altering words (gender terms) to pander for the rebellious.

11. timothy 1769

timothy 1769 New Member

sorry wayne, that was a really stupid thing to say. i hope you'll accept my apology.

12. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wayne, the basic flaw in your teaching is that the Bible stands or falls as a whole. One cannot accept one part as God-breathed and reject another part as being not God-breathed. If we do that, then it's everyone man for himself as to what he accepts as true and what he views as false in the Bible.

Either God preserved His Word for us in total or He didn't preserve it at all.

13. KenH: You'd be much the wiser if you actually took some time to do a little research on the origins of the Bible.

14. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wayne, you'd be much the wiser if you would simply trust God instead of your flawed human reasoning.

15. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dear Wayne,

You posted...

Apart from the actual content of your first post...

How convenient that you disallow us what is a common practice in the sites and links you have posted such as :

A sketch of Hebrew Scriptures::”Yahweh and Elohim”:A Parenthesis of Explanation.

Which is only a small part of the extra-biblical explanations, presumptions, assumptions and biases and you have allowed you and yours but have disallowed us.

I (perhaps we) therefore reject your arguments according to your own judgment and criteria because of these things you and yours have read into the Scriptures, since (in your own words) “such arguments are designed to deceive”.

HankD

16. Travelsong

Travelsong Guest

I did a little searching around. HERE you can get a better idea of just what this guy believes and where he is coming from. My favorite is article two:

..which of course comes right after article one that states:

Well I wonder who the lucky mug is that gets to tell everyone the will of God in that "ministry".

17. Well, if you knew anything about Biblical sources you'd know that the terms Yahweh and Elohim are terms that denotes two difference views of God in the OT.

18. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In fact I do,

YHVH - He is eternal.
    Elohim - He is plural in person.

HankD

19. Travelsong

Travelsong Guest

Why do you have such a fixation with the Judeo/Christian Scriptures when your "ministry" has nothing to do with them?

20. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, that ministry sure isn't Baptist or evangelical or even Christian for that matter. :cool: