1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Blind Justice

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by th1bill, Jun 25, 2012.

1. th1bill

th1bill Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Num 35:30 Whoso killeth any person, the murderer shall be put to death by the mouth of witnesses: but one witness shall not testify against any person to cause him to die.

Deu 17:6 At the mouth of two witnesses, or three witnesses, shall he that is worthy of death be put to death; but at the mouth of one witness he shall not be put to death.
    Deu 17:7 The hands of the witnesses shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterward the hands of all the people. So thou shalt put the evil away from among you.

Deu 19:15 One witness shall not rise up against a man for any iniquity, or for any sin, in any sin that he sinneth: at the mouth of two witnesses, or at the mouth of three witnesses, shall the matter be established.

Heb 10:28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: (KJV)

If anyone were to wonder they would need only to search my screen name and the evidence will show that I not only favor the Death Penalty but that I despise the fifteen to twenty year time periods that it often takes to fulfill the sentences. But because I do always seek the wisdom of Father God there are conditions required before this sentence can ever be pronounced in a murder case.

I just watched a 48 Hours on ID program and was reminded of my scriptural concern for this nations failure in Judicial Wisdom. With our scientific advances, today, I would find it hard to convict and sentence a person to death without either DNA evidence or no less than two eye witnesses. On the TV show a jury of twelve people did just that.

The DNA evidence was not conclusive and did, instead of convicting, demonstrate the probability of an unknown third party presence at the scene and on the victim, knife and gloves. In my world, that is known as reasonable doubt! And when the person on trial is the husband and is of great reputation with all relatives, kids included, I must ask for better evidense.

Many, claiming the name of Jesus, today, but not following with submission to His will, make the false claim that Jesus did away with the Law He created and etched, with His finger, into stone for us to follow and, thereby, live successful lives. These claims can only stand if we never learn to read and to comprehend the scriptures and jerk scripture out of it's context and abuse it.

Today, in this message, I find myself, some will claim, in the other court. In truth, my position on the matter has not nor will it ever change, this side of Heaven without divine intervention but if we are to do as God has instructed us, we had better know what He has said! Sadly, few there are that know because few there be that care!