1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Blinded there eyes? Totally Depraved?

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by philg, Jul 20, 2005.

1. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Hello philg.

Because you cannot. Since this is the logical conclusion then you should really have a logical refutation.
    Is it? Interesting.
    Mere invention.
    You have demeaned yourself.
    Maybe not but show me where I have said: ...that God blinds men randomly for no reason. That is just not correct. If you think the 'just because' means that God blinds men randomly for no reason then you are wrong. That is His answer to us to mind our own business.
    He did for those He was saving just like He saved Adam and Eve without their seeking forgiveness. He will save His people from their sins.
    Why you telling a Calvinist this?

john.

2. philg

philg New Member

Because you cannot. Since this is the logical conclusion then you should really have a logical refutation.</font>[/QUOTE]I said it is the logical conclusion of Calvinism. It is not the logical conclusion of scripture.

Is it? Interesting.[/quote]
    Westminster Confession of Faith IX,3
    Man by his fall into a state of sin, hath wholly lost all ability of will to any spiritual good accompanying salvation; so as a natural man, being altogether averse from good, and dead in sin, is not able, by his own strength, to convert himself, or to prepare himself thereunto.

Nothing said here about God blinding anyone. It says man lost all ability by the fall.
    also:
    Because of the fall, man is unable of himself to savingly believe the gospel. The sinner is dead, blind, and deaf to the things of God; his heart is deceitful and desperately corrupt. His will is not free, it is in bondage to his evil nature, therefore, he will not - indeed he cannot - choose good over evil in the spiritual realm. Consequently, it takes much more than the Spirit's assistance to bring a sinner to Christ - it takes regeneration by which the Spirit makes the sinner alive and gives him a new nature. Faith is not something man contributes to salvation but is itself a port of God's gift of salvation - it is God's gift to the sinner, not the sinner's gift to God.
    http://www.reformednet.org/refnet/lib/docs/refrmd.htm#calvinism

Mere invention.
    You have demeaned yourself.
    Maybe not but show me where I have said: ...that God blinds men randomly for no reason. That is just not correct. If you think the 'just because' means that God blinds men randomly for no reason then you are wrong. That is His answer to us to mind our own business.[/quote]
    So you dont know.
    He did for those He was saving just like He saved Adam and Eve without their seeking forgiveness. He will save His people from their sins.[/quote]
    He also came to save sinners. No one asked for the provison but it must be accepted by faith.
    25 whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
    Romans 3:25

Notice thru FAITH IN HIS BLOOD?

The attonement is sufficent for all and effective for all who believe.... (have faith)

Why you telling a Calvinist this?

john.
    [/QUOTE]

I have talked to multitudes of Calvinsit but ran across only a very very small handful that beleive like you. You seem to have no understanding of the attributes.

3. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Hello philg.
    Why are you comparing me with others can you not accept what I say I say for myself? We have no Pope.
    Is that your answer? He came to save not enable as you would have. Saviour means He saves not He enables.
    Why you saying this to a Calvinist?
    That is not true and is false and misleading. Atonement atones without the receipient doing anything. Read Lev 16. It is given for the nation. The people received the atonement they did not need to go get it.
    I'm not alone. :cool: So what? Makes a refreshing change doesn't it to find a Calvinist that believes what you believe Calvinists believe! HaHa!
    That's what Calvinists believe isn't it? That God is more than love?

Proof read next time please as this was difficult to read thanks.

john.

4. yeshua4me2

yeshua4me2 New Member

God is Love, but God is also Just and Holy. God loves people but God also love righteousness. we have to weigh which attributes have priority. the bible clearly states that it is God's holiness that we are opposed to. the bibles says that everyone goes to the lake of fire for sinning not because God sends them. the wages of sin is death. if all have sined and deserve the lake then who are we to judge God because he saves so few or made men with the direct knowledge of their demise (hell).

Rev 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to THEIR WORKS. not God's

thankyou and God Bless

5. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Hello yeshua4me2.
    I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob' ? He is not the God of the dead but of the living."
    Those that are not chosen will be judged according to their works.

john.

6. yeshua4me2

yeshua4me2 New Member

7. yeshua4me2

yeshua4me2 New Member

C.H. Spurgeon:

I have far more confidence in God's ability to choose me, than my ability to choose Him.

thankyou and God Bless