1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Blinding Their Minds to the Gospel

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Jerry Shugart, Dec 17, 2011.

1. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Eph 6:19-20

19And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel, 20For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

The Gospel and it's Doctrines are Mysteries Matt 13:11

He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

The Gospel is also called by Paul " The wisdom of God in a Mystery" Per 1 Cor 2:7

But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

It is preached and only made known to God's Saints, those set apart by the Holy Spirit 2 Thess 2:13

Col 1:26

Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:

Now understand, the Elect of God are actually saints while they are sinners, while they are enemies, while they are Children of wrath even as others !

They were sanctified by God the Father before the world began ! Jude 1:1

Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called:

And they were sanctified by the blood of Christ when He offered Himself for them !

Heb 10:10

10By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Everyone God the Father knew for whom Christ died, " The foreknown" they were sanctified in God's Mind and Purpose" by the blood of Christ. So the Gospel is made manifest or known to them ! Col 1:26

Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:

How is it made manifest to them ? By the Gospel !

2. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Why Preach Repentance ?

Why did the Apostles Preach Repentance ? Lk 24:45-48

45Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,

46And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:

47And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

48And ye are witnesses of these things.

Also Look at Acts 20:20-21

20And how I kept back nothing that was profitable unto you, but have shewed you, and have taught you publicly, and from house to house,

21Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

Of course Jesus commanded it, Mk 1:14-15, but why ? Now the antichrist testimony would have us believe that the Gospel command to repent is a duty for all men to perform to get saved . They are in essence calling men to perform good works, or duties as to meet conditions to get themselves saved, thus perverting the Gospel of God's Grace ! For the scripture has made it plain that Salvation is by Grace, and not works, or duties, and it is unwise to mix the Two Rom 11:5-6

5Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

6And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

So again, why this command to repent, to perform ? It was not so they can be causes of Grace to get saved, but effects of Grace after having been saved. You see, they were saved by Grace apart from their works, by the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holly Ghost Titus 3:5, and Faith and Repentance are the effects and evidences of that saving work !

3. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Why Preach Repentance ? cont

The Main Purpose for Gospel Preaching was in order to call forth the Elect, or Sheep, or the Church unto Repentance. Those who preach that Faith and or Repentance are duties incumbent upon every man without exception, as may be gathered from Acts 17:30, are preaching a False Gospel ! Jesus commanded Repentance to Preached to both Jews and gentiles Acts 20:20-21 because both would be recipients of the Gift of Repentance Acts 5:31;11:18, for they receive the Gift in their New Birth, which is a result of Christ's resurrection. In essence, Gospel Preaching was purposed and designed only for the Born Again Ones to repent and believe. That's why Jesus said, " He that believeth and is Baptized [as a evidence of submission] shall be saved, they #1. Shall be saved already by the Mercy of Regeneration and the Spirits Renewing, and #2. they shall be saved from the wrath to come !