1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Blurred Vision

Discussion in 'Health and Wellness' started by following-Him, Jan 18, 2010.

1. following-Him

following-Him Active Member

Does anyone else get blurred vision after eating - particularly eating anything sweet ? My vision keeps going so that I can't read properly...

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I've never had anything like that. Might it be tied to your blood sugar? I'd go to see the doc if I were you.

3. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    One thought:

I find when I’m tired I usually don’t see as well. Eating puts the body to hard work, that’s one reason you wouldn’t want to eat just before working out, so I could see a probability that any stress related to physical exertion might have a tendency to blur vision.

Sugar, (empty carbs) cause the liver work exceptionally hard while neglecting its other blood duties such as making the good cholesterol, this also may be cause your body some fatigue, thus effecting your eyesight.

I agree that since you are noticing this relationship between eating and vision it shows an amount of stress that would be prudent to give some greater attention as to the cause(s); as Annsni said, it might be a good idea to check this out with your doctor while inquiring about the blood/sugar levels or other possible causes.

4. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

My vision is blurred all the time--especially in my eye, which is useless for reading anything.

5. rbell

rbell Active Member

Get to the doctor, and have a complete blood sugar workup done. (fasting/non fasting glucose)

Any diabetes history in your family? Not trying to stress you, but those are symptoms you need to "rule out."

6. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

I might be you blood sugar as others mentioned or could also be high blood pressure spiking from salt. You need to go to a doctor and get checked. Don't ignore it.

7. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

I was going to say blood sugar, too, but everyone else pretty much has already.

8. following-Him

following-Him Active Member

Thanks everyone. I had my blood sugar checked twice last year and it was fine although I was experiencing blurred vision then too but it has got worse. Yes, there is diabetes in my family - my mother is diabetic and there were others on my fathers side too.