1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bob Larson named Buckethead Baptist of the week

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by stevenlynch, Nov 3, 2008.

1. stevenlynch

stevenlynch New Member

Bob Larson, The REAL Exorcist has been named "Buckethead Baptist of the Week" at http://www.bucketheadbaptist.com

Its a new Podcast show taking a look at Baptist churches that are going through problems and trying to give their refugees a place to share and laugh and keep their spiritual lives intact.

Unfortunately... church splits are a growth industry these days.

Steve ( a refugee from several Middle TN. S. Baptist congregations) and Mark ( a messianic Jew trying to rid himself of Independent Baptist doctrines) give hope and humor to others who have found their club houses have been taken over by Robert's Rules of Order.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Never heard of him

3. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Bob Larson had a radio program in the early 90s (and maybe before) right after I became a Christian. I listened to it sometimes but became more and more suspicious of all the people calling in saying their parents had been Satanists, etc. The calls were super-dramatic and very implausible.

Later, I read or heard that some people who had worked on this show claimed that the calls were set-ups.

Larson goes around the country and rents hotel ballrooms, where he puts on "shows" where he supposedly casts demons out of people. This is his claim to fame.

He's exploiting people, and probably confusing a lot of gullible and mentally ill people who think demons are being cast out.

Unfortunately, because he is a professing Christian, this is just another black mark Christians have to deal with when it comes to the media and unbeleivers who think Larson is a showman, nothing else.

Larson has also written a book on spiritual warfare. The parts I looked at were not biblical, imo.

4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I had the opportunity to meet Bob Larson in person at the NRB convention back in 1995 in Nashville. In person, he was a very likable gentleman.

He show was on in the (late) '80'', when I worked at a Christian Radio Station. In fact, Bob did a promo for my talk show that I had on WVOA. Knowing me, I probably still have a copy of it somewhere.

I did find a couple of links for your info:

From Cornerstone Magazine

From Wikipedia