1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Bobby talks to his Pastor about God.

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Van, Jun 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

What a ridiculous post is yours digging for something not there, swallowing a camel and straining at a gnat 101. :wavey:

You're over-reacting about the wrong thing. Not that I'm surprised.

Is it a sin to plagiarize (steal) and act as if it is yours, accept praise from another, and then say it was via much study and by the leadership of the Holy Spirit and 'praise the Lord' for it all, or not?

If that doesn't bother you and what SN did does, then there is something seriously amiss with you and you show a bias that overlooks the imprecation and sin in the attitude of the OP.

2. Inspector Javert

Inspector Javert Active Member

O.K. P4T.....whatever you want to think man. I have read people making mountains out of this "plagiarism" mole-hill for weeks now, and it's tiresome, nit-picky and pointless. Van's post EASILY is composed of about 50% or more original content versus the link to the original. Did you READ THEM? Is it constructed from an original idea chain? No, and thus it behooves Van to reference it, but he took it an ENTIRELY different direction than the initial author.

Van's post is "plagiarism" in about the same way that "Spaceballs" was a plagiarism of "Star-Wars". Point is....there is none, zero, zilch....genuine concern about "plagiarism" around here whatsoever.

SN is not genuinely concerned about plagiarism, neither are you, you never were, and neither is Rippon now. This is a farce, and any sane person can see it. This crusade against "plagiarism" is as genuine as Teddy Kennedy's sobbing about phantom civil rights violations involving any Conservative or God-fearing judge ever nominated.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNaasFvvFlE
    You guys aren't fooling anyone.

#22 Inspector Javert, Jun 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2013
  3. preacher4truth

Man please. How can you sit there and judge SN harshly while overlooking a thief who praises God and claims it as leadership of the Holy Spirit? By the way SN and Rippon both are ready to level these charges no matter a persons theology. My last post and the points in it stand about you. If you're not concerned with fraudulent posts and attributing it to the HS then hey, no one here can help you.

4. Inspector Javert

MMM... HMMM :sleep:

5. preacher4truth

You show your true character here. It's nothing to you that another attributes a lie to the leadership of the HS. :type:

6. Inspector Javert

P4T:
    Frankly sir, I've read enough on B.B. to see you speak of everyone else's "true character" to realize two things:
    1.) Anyone who doesn't think as you do will invariably reveal themselves as having an undesirable "true character".
    2.) If you actually believe yourself when you speak of everyone else's "true character"....than you appear to have no discernment whatsoever.

Frankly, coming from MANY on this board, that statement might bother me. Inasmuch as I've probably read you say something similar to anyone and everyone who doesn't agree with you at least 15 times in a month or so......I don't care a fig about your opinion of my "true character". I also doubt than any of the other myriads of souls you've hurled that veiled invective towards care much about your opinion on the matter either.

If you want that statement to be meaningful, my suggestion would be to use it less often.

7. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have become more thoughtful now HOS?

The man I knew ran off his bretheren...particularly us old school Baptists! Perhaps we are not modern enough for you...but here we are none the less....still existing in a world that persecutes us for complete & steadfast love & obedience to a complete & sovereign God. All praises to his name. :godisgood:

8. Inspector Javert

Wait a minute? I thought this whole "plagiarism" thing had NOTHING TO DO with the whole "Cal/non-Cal" thing? I thought the company line was that this is nothing but sheer righteous indignation against a horrific sin. :confused:
    Lemme furnish some quotes from this very thread:
    So...here we have the order of events:
    1.) Van parodies an 11-year-old (non-copyrighted) obscure blog for non-commercial purposes........with at LEAST a good 50% completely original content.
    2.) Various people accuse him of "plagiarizing" (which is itself debateable legally)
    3.) Van attempts to correct this insignifigant error (provided it even is "plagiarism" at all)
    4.) Those who disagree with him Theologically continue to pile-on (ignoring Van's attempt to appease them).
    5.) Those same individuals claim that it has NOTHING TO DO with whether or not Van is critiquing Calvinism or not.

I merely quote SN and now you BOTH being helpless to hide the source of your indignation against Van.
    C'mon..........if I shouldn't doubt the sincerity of this collective indignance against "plagiarism".........then why are Calvinists continuing to bring it up?

As I said before, and now you continue to prove....
    This "plagiarism" garbage is insincere and disingenuous, and your own words demonstrate it.

9. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not talking about Calvinism nor am I speaking about plagerism or Van. Note Van is on my "ignore" list primarially for his opinionated vitriolic comments against Calvinists which I view, on sidenote, as hateful.

No my comments are directed at you & your cheerleading instead of using your own head. This lack of objectivity is discerning.

10. Inspector Javert

11. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Right...sarcism isn't in your vocabulary :laugh:

12. Inspector Javert

Correct; it is not.

13. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then lighten up...I just come from the bedside of a man...worn down from his 210 lb former self to 90lb & he has more Spence of humorous & verve & Spence of playfulness than you & he is dying of cancer.

In retrospect...perhaps its time to put things in prospective.

14. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks Inspector, the Calvinists use any charge they can manufacture to vilify whoever holds a differing view, they act like teenage cyber-bullies, but never, ever, actually address the subject matter addressed in the OP.

This tactic has been used too often and you are right, they are fooling no one.

15. Inspector Javert

Here's my prediction...............you could fall on your cyber-face, and in tears admit your "felony" and beg for forgiveness, admit your crime and publically disown your incarceration-worthy sinfulness........if ONLY they would cease the de-railing and address your OP.

You tried twice:
    Perhaps if you groveled more???? Then maybe you would receive forgiveness from these non-offended parties and then they might address your OP.

Lemme see if I can help you out....Own this statement, and maybe you can get someone to address your OP:

"I....Van; either through ignorance (which is no excuse) or through malicious intent, did, indeed plagiarize the work of another man in my opening post and must apologize for my wrong-doing. As this has been publically brought to the attention of the members and readers of "Baptist-Board" writ-large, I must own my wrong-doing and humbly ask that mine accusers accept my sincere repentance and now address the content of my OP as originally intended."

Will they address your OP?..............nah......they didn't want to, hence side-show of "borking" you.

16. preacher4truth

I figured that this is who he is myself. :)

17. Inspector Javert

No-one addresses the O.P. still........
    HMMMM :type:

18. preacher4truth

You're deceived then. Many have addressed the OP, Heir of Salvation, yet you, as is typical, want to divert from that and swallow another camel.

But these things are common for you.

You've shown yourself as one who desires to excuse miss-truths and then accept such who do so as being led by the HS, and all as OK with you as long as this persons theology agrees with yours or condemns truth.

In other words these can fabricate, accept praise for said fabrication, contribute their false post to leadership of the HS and give imprecatory praise to God, and you rush in to support them.

Same HoS. Different day.

Go figure.

19. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Calvinism must vilify those who hold alternate views, because the doctrine cannot be defended biblically or logically. So one fallacy after another is foisted upon those attempting to discern the biblical teaching on salvation.

The OP presented a straightforward account of a child asking good questions, and the Pastor answering them directly from the bible. The answers showed God loves the world, having given His Son so that those who believe would not perish.

Not one Calvinist has addressed the content of the opening, and yes unattributed, post. One after the other make false and manufactured charges, attempting by vilification, to discredit the truth of the Bible, as presented in the OP.

20. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Sure we did..poor little Bobby was being taught falsehood from the unscriptural person who claimed to be a Pastor.. lets for discussion sake call him Pastor VANTWADDLE....

he was teaching Bobby how to take verses out of context and twist and pervert them...right from the start ..poor little Bobby was doomed;
    Romans 5 is dealing with the justified elect...not everybody...in verses 1-11.

Then pastor VT....shows no understanding of Rom9 and why Paul quotes this...

Then he uses verses about common grace trying to stretch it to cover his other false teaching....
    He then;
    puts doubt in Bobbys mind about God's plan as if it was not perfect...

then this horrendous remark:
    He makes God to be dependent on mans actions which is no God at all. More like the false god of open theism.
    He then tells Bobby that the cross itself does not actually save...but only makes salvation possible....

In the sequel we will see poor little Bobby in rehab from a life of drugs and crime,because this false teaching left him with no hope.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.