1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Body Parts And Bible Versions

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Baptist4life, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Baptist4life

Baptist4life Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know Mr. Kinney, so perhaps I should have investigated further. My apologies.

2. Logos1560

Logos1560 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    At Genesis 20:5, the 1560 Geneva Bible has "with an upright mind" where the KJV has "in the integrity of my heart."

At Genesis 27:41, the 1560 Geneva Bible has "thought in his mind" where the KJV has "said in his heart."

At Genesis 31:26, the 1560 Geneva Bible has "stolen away mine heart" where the KJV has "stolen away unawares to me." In this case, it is the KJV that does not use the word "heart."

At Deuteronomy 18:6, the 1560 Geneva Bible has "desire of his heart" while the KJV has "desire of his mind."

One point in the responses is that there is sometimes the same variation in rendering in the pre-1611 English Bibles and in the KJV that the author of the article complains about in his article.

3. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Parts is parts!

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Every time I see this thread title, it reminds me of this commercial.

4. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Funny!! Where's the beef?

5. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I knew I'd seen that stuff before. Mr. Kinney's usual handle is "Brandplucked". he likesta point out differences between the KJV & other English versions while insisting the KJV's rendering is the only correct one. However, he's completely stumped when asked for AUTHORITY for why he thinx the KJV alone is correct. Guess he's never hearda TRANSLATORS' LICENSE.

And he's also stumped when asked for SCRIPTURAL SUPPORT for KJVO.