1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Boehner's Dangerous Game

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by InTheLight, Sep 19, 2013.

1. North Carolina Tentmaker

I can agree with that.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They are angry, they should be angry, and there is nothing wrong with that.

3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When they have protests with signs showing Obama giving the Nazi salute, to goose-stepping Nazi soldiers, that's a problem.

When they show posters of Obama with a Hitler style mustache and swastikas on his clothes, that's a problem.

When they hold up signs saying, "We came Unarmed (This Time)", that's a problem.

When they disrupt town hall meetings and shout down elected officials, that's a problem.

When they shutdown the government and take down the nation's credit rating via a debt default, that's a problem.

4. thisnumbersdisconnected

Not around here. I don't discount that there are some in the Tea Party nationwide that may also be birthers, truthers, etc., but that doesn't mean the Tea Party itself adheres to that nonsense, and in fact it does not.

5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They are expressing how they see Obama acting. I cannot blame them.

I don't know anything about this one.

When elected officials are trying to blow smoke up our back sides and do not appear to be listening this is what will happen. It was a good thing.

When the government gets shut down no one single side is more culpable.

#45 Revmitchell, Sep 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2013
  6. thisnumbersdisconnected

You mean like the liberal educators at the Maryland State Board of Education "open meeting" (I thought at open meetings, people get to talk?) last Thursday? Oh, wait. That was the elected officials denying rights of free speech to those who elected them. My bad.

7. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

If the government truly shuts down, then why do Social Security checks still go out and Medicare still get paid? I know for a fact that veteran checks still go out. The point I am trying to make is, if we want to see who the public would truly blame, then we need a real government shutdown.

If one is drawing a SS check, and I still get my check, I really do not care about the rest of the government. If the government is going to shut down, then truly shut it down. Why is this such a game?