1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bogus Claims by Evols that Christians Misquote: A Test Case

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by BobRyan, Jun 18, 2006.

1. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Ahh and now your old failed debunked and tired fallacy that "To QOUTE an Atheist Darwinist you must first BE ONE" ---

How much more obvious does this have to be for you UTEOTW?

You do not have to BE an ATHEIST DARWINIST to accurately QUOTE one!!

You do NOT have to BE an ATHEIST DARWINIST to accurately QUOTE one!!

I just can not imagine how your mind has gotten this befuddled UTEOTW!

Bob

2. UTEOTW

UTEOTW New Member

How hard it must be to be Bob.

You claim that you did not quote Patterson out of context. But when I ask for you to show us the context so we can see for ourselves, you try desparately to shed that burden.

Why are you avoiding that so hard?

What are you hiding from us?

If you think that you quoted in context, then you should be able to provide the full text of the letter to Sunderland so we can judge for ourselves.

Without the text, where is your evidence that you quoted in context? We do not have the context.

I'd bet that the context is something you'd rather us not see. I doubt it is useful to your case. If it were, we ould have seen it by now.

3. UTEOTW

UTEOTW New Member

And now the kicker.

You refuse to give us the context of the letter, so you have zero evidence to point us towards what Patterson might have meant in the quote.

NONE.

But here are the facts and they are without dispute.

Patterson was indicating in the quote that we have intermeadiate fossils but that we cannot say for sure which ones are directly ancestral and which are from closely related side branches. (That he is saying that there are intermediates is the death blow to any point you wish to make.)

This is my assertion. How is supported?

First, we have the letter he wrote to Theunissen where he calls this interpretation of the paragraph "correct."

Second, we have his other writings, such as the quote on the previous page and elsewhere in this thread, where Patterson discusses the existance of intermediate fossils.

These are the facts and they have not been disputed.

You have nothing but your own assertions if you wish to build a case for another interpretation.

Whether or not you have misquoted I'll let you decide. But if you wish to assert an interpretation other than what is given here, you are wrong and you are misquoting. For you have no evidence, zero, zilch, zippo, nada to support any other interpretation.

And your worldview cannot accept the correct interpretation.

4. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Let's make it simple - as I already did here!

Since UTEOTW seems to need some help -- HERE is a good example - (going back to UTEOTW's first pont of accusation against me- where I DO quote Patterson and SHOW my view of his text)

------------------------------------------

Here is my first quote of Patterson in the SAME thread where UTEOTW attempts to claim I have misquoted Patterson.

5. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Post #81 is very instructive on this thread - it shows UTEOTW simply fizzling out while I patiently try to get him to respond to facts -- to use sound reason and logic to build up his case --
    -----------
    You have confused ME -- with YOU!

I am the one ACTUALLY SHOWING what is in the text of the letter AND the context as shown by Talk-Origins - YOU are the one RUNNING away from it - post after vaccuous post -- then demonstrating the way you "talk to yourself" never quoting anything "but you".

Why is this concept so difficult for you UTEOTW?

Surely you have at least one second to be honest in your posting.

In fact I KEEP INSISTING that Patterson IS using the VERY quote I give as the one HE PROMOTES!!

How can your constant gloss-over of all details in all your failed examples continually keep you from seeing that?

Please wake up for half a second and be prepared to deal with the truth.

Patterson is not making your bogus and vaccuous claim that "all Bible believing Christians are wrong in every argument they make" as your fantacy seems to want the reader to imagine.

INSTEAD - as the LINK SHOWS - it is a SPECIFIC claim that is being addressed and a SPECIFIC point that Patterson is making.

You wild misquote of PAtterson trying to get him to "attack any words a Bible believing Chrsitian says" DID NOT PAN out in the ACTUAL quote!!

Why are these simple concepts SOOOO difficult for you to comprehend?

Why do you not GO to the DETAILS IN the talk-Origins post ALREADY SHOWN to fully debunk your empty Christian-bashing views?

IN Christ,

Bob

6. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Here is the sad truth of UTEOTW's ploy -- HE accuses me of somehow misquoting Patterson - but apparently has no CLUE as to how to SUPPORT his own slander of me. Then he whines that I DO NOT try and help him!!

When you accuse others UTEOTW it is up to YOU to prove your wild accusations - when you then simply and utterly fail to get to step-1 -- then ALL can SEE that what your are doing is nothing more than issuing slander in defense of your failed dogma and blind faith in atheist darwinism.

The reader can easily see this.

And when you have squirmmed long enough - I shall also provide more details about the Aug 16, 1993 letter from Patterson.

I provided the ENTIRE letter and you pretend that ALL of the letter is STILL insufficient "CONTEXT" to get you out of the hole you dug for yourself on this thread.

How "instructive" for the objective thinking - reasoning reader.

In Christ,

Bob

7. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This is soooo much fun -- I will post it "again"

8. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    On the "Christians Misquote" thread - the point is made that "Christians need to be honest" and certainly we can all agree with that point. Christians do need to be honest - even those that claim to be Christian and yet cling to atheist darwinism "anyway".

So here is a "test case" proposed by one of our atheist dawinist true believers -

I am starting this new thread -as a special focus on THIS test case - it will be very instructive for all in seeing how the bogus claims of evolutionists are made and foisted onto the public.

The quote above is from my note to Charles Meadows asking that IN his stated agreement with UTEOTW's wild bogus claims on this topic - he at least accept this test case selected by UTEOTW and SHOW the work - SHOW the math SHOW that in fact I have some kind of misquote posted on this very issue that Patterson is identifying.

UTEOTW has SELECTED the Patterson quote as proof of his bogus claims - so now is a good time to LOOK at the details and SEE who his method of false accusation "actually works".

In Christ,

Bob