Bombing in Afghanistan

Discussion in 'Politics' started by FriendofSpurgeon, Jan 18, 2006.

1. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon
    Expand Collapse

What do you think of the recent bombing in Afghanistan? Is this a situation where the hoped-for ends justified the means or should the US military not bomb innocents in the hopes of killing terrorists?

2. KenH

KenH
    Expand Collapse

I reckon you meant Pakistan.

From what I have read so far there were clearly military targets there. The loss of civilian life is sad but I don't see how it could have been avoided without allowing the terrorists to get away.

I regard it as the equivalent of bombing military targets during World War II which also resulted in civilian deaths.

3. ASLANSPAL

ASLANSPAL
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

We are definitely losing the PR battle in the world..and I blame the bush culture...lazy...uncurious...blame others...swiftboat others....They really really cannot multi-task they depend on fear to keep people scared and in line...bush is a baby christian and needs to be admonished not to use
    fear but instead use faith and take responsibility for once in his life.

4. KenH

KenH
    Expand Collapse

How do you think we could win the PR battle in the world? How do we go about it?

5. billwald

billwald
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Pull back our troops to our national borders would be a start. Stop fomenting revolution in foreign lands.