1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Books by John MacArthur

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by ex-nihilo, Nov 1, 2003.

1. ex-nihilo

ex-nihilo New Member

Does anyone else here read books by John MacArthur? I am looking forward to his latest book "Hard to Believe". I can't say that I agree 100% with everything he has written but close to it.

I have read:
    The Gospel According to Jesus
    Ashamed of the Gospel

2. Molly

Molly New Member

Yes! We have *Hard to Believe* and my husband has read it...he says it is excellent and has read some parts to me. I haven't had time to read it yet. It defintely resolves the problem of easy believism in the church and what it REALLY means to be a follower of Christ.

We have many of his books as well as commentaries,study bible,etc. He is one of our favorite straight-forward authors. We have heard him preach a couple of times and answer a Q and A time. He has a very good understanding of scripture and teaches it so others can understand it. I think he is the best teacher of today.

Our church has many staff memebers from Master's Seminary... [​IMG]

Molly

3. TWade

TWade New Member

John MacArthur is a gifted teacher. My personal favorite studies of his are "Jesus on Trial" and "The Murder of Jesus." These two tape series gave me an understanding of the trial and crucifixion of the Lord that I hadn't known before.

4. ex-nihilo

ex-nihilo New Member

Glad to hear the great view of his new book. Now I going have to try and figure out where I can get that one locally. I have already looked at a couple of Christian book stores but they did not have it yet.

ex-nihilo

5. Molly

Molly New Member

6. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Think Biblically, recovering a Christian worldview"(2003) missed the mark. Others have written about the subject of worldviews and done much better.

Rob

7. Bugman

Bugman New Member

Think Biblicaly, although I have yet to read it, is written by many people from Master's as well as MacArthur.

I read though his sermons and Biuble studies all the time (A group I meet with once a week usually goes through a study of his). I have read Charasmatic chaos and Ashamed of the Gospel by him. Both very good books, I would recommend anyone in Church Leadership positions read Ashamed of the Gospel.

Bryan
    SDG