1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Books needed

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by DocCas, Jan 25, 2002.

1. DocCas

DocCas New Member

I am currently hosting a missionary from Karatina, Kenya, East Africa who is in need of books for his Bible School library. He needs books of all kinds, especially of a theological nature, and most especially commentary sets.

If anyone knows of, or has any, such books available, or knows of a preacher who has retired/died and no longer has need of his library, and would be willing to give them to a very good, established, and sucessful Baptist missionary, please let me know. Thanks.

Pastor Thomas Cassidy
    Baptist Board Administrator

2. MarciontheModerateBaptist

Thomas,

I have a few textbooks from New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary that I was going to sell, but I would love to donate them to a missionary. I also have some commentaries, Bibles and a Bible Atlas. Is there any way he can pay for shipping?

Daniel Payne

3. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Thomas,
    How do we get the books to you? Can you give a little more detail as to the kinds of books you are looking for?

4. DocCas

DocCas New Member

Tom and Daniel, any books of a spiritual nature (Christian, of course!). Commentary sets, or individual commentaries, histories, theology, anything a bible school could put on its library shelves for the students to read and learn from. By the way, they don't all have to be from one side of the theological spectrum. I don't believe it hurts students to know what others are thinking. [​IMG]

You can send them to me at:

First Baptist Church
    8758 Troy Street
    Spring Valley, CA 91977

US postal service 4th class book rate is cheapest, and if postage becomes a problem, the church here will be glad to pay for it. [​IMG]

Thanks guys, this is a real blessing! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The above is me, having a baptistcostal fit!

5. MarciontheModerateBaptist

Thomas,

I will try to gather them tonight and ship them out tomorrow. And don't worry - they are all Christian books (even mostly evangelical) ;)

Thanks,
    Daniel

[ January 25, 2002: Message edited by: paynedaniel ]

6. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    All Christian and Evangelical? No wonder you want to get rid of them, Payne! :eek:

(Just pulling your chain, friend!) [​IMG]

7. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thomas, I have a few books that I can send as well. It may be a week before I can get it together, is that OK? [​IMG]

8. DocCas

DocCas New Member

Okay by me! The missionary will be with us until May. Our church has a ministry of taking care of missionaries who are suffering from "burn out." We take them in for however long it takes them to regain their strength and health. [​IMG]

9. javalady

javalady New Member

Dear Brother, Were you aware that you can receive (paperback, but excellent) materials from Mt Zion Bible Church's Chapel Library?
    All kinds of Christian study aids: A.W. Pink's books, like The Attributes of God, Studies in Hebrews, etc. books on all kinds of subjects by Charles Spurgeon, and many other excellent topical studies, as well as a NT Survey book, study aids (like Edersheim's books, concordances, Bible dictionaries and the like)...?!!
    The price is minimal. I highly recommend them! Contact:
    Mt Zion Bible Church/Chapel Library
    2603 W. Wright St.
    Pensacola, FL 32505
    (850) 438-1037
    fax: 850-438-0227
    email: [email protected]
    web: www.mountzion.org
    May the Lord bless!!

10. DocCas

DocCas New Member

Thanks! I just sent them an email requesting a catalogue. [​IMG]

11. butterbloom

butterbloom New Member

Thrift stores are full of them, especially if they are Christian ran. They would probably let go of these very reasonable if you explained your need.