1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Boots On The Ground

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Bro. Curtis, Aug 13, 2014.

1. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is a mess the Democrats and 0bam@ 's own making. He abandoned Iraq and then acted surprised when he had to return. The Democrats cannot expect the GOP to like them after the way they have behaved since Nine Eleven. It is not partisanship as suggested but distrust of a lying Democrat party and a lying Democrat 0bam@.

2. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, Iraq is a huge mess of Democratic making. :laugh: Never mind the enormous fallacy of being there in the first place thanks to a President who ignored his top general and lied about WMD's. After eleven years it was time to leave. How much time did you spend over there? I know Soldiers that have done 5 deployments, that is five years of their 20's spent in that country. What a waste. How about you stop volunteering the U.S. military to spend more time in a dangerous country away from their families. Abandoned Iraq? Get out of here with that nonsense.

3. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know why you bother to post such misleading comments. 0bam@ failed to leave a residual force and now you are cheerleader for his return to a war that he promised to end. It is fine if you want to support 0bam@ but don't expect the GOP to trust that liar.

4. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wait you have just complained about how abandoning Iraq was horrible and now you are upset about resumption of airstrikes. Calling it a return to war is being a tad bit dramatic. You can't even keep up with your own inane rambling thoughts. Man, hatred is doing a number on your ability to reason.

5. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not upset about anything--that is your assumption. I don't hate 0bam@. That is your assumption. I see that you make a lot of personal attacks.

6. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry buddy. Look, I'll be honest. The situation in the middle east is a tad bit personal for me for reasons that I am a little hesitant to go into. I might be able to discuss that through PM but I make no promises. I get so sick and tired about big situations like this always turning into partisan ranting and raving. I can't stand how crises are only viewed as leverage for further political argument. Every single issue can't go two posts without it somehow being an Obama issue. It is exhausting.

7. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

8. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Unreal. I just love that I get to come home to people like you. People that treat the military like they are just this thing to point and click at a problem in the world. I can stand the heat just fine buddy. I've done it in 130 degree temperatures in full battle rattle. I've done it through countless memorial services of those that I called brother. I've done it when my interpreter was identified through his mask and two weeks later was never seen alive again. You don't get to talk to me like that.

9. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Umm...for those who are out of the loop the WMD's have in fact been found in Iraq and have been taken control of by ISIS. They are most likely, at this point, not any good, never the less they are their. So we can drop the far left talking points about Bush lying about WMD's.

10. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You'll have to get over it to stick around.

When Bush was president, no issue could go 2 posts without it somehow being a Bush issue.

It's a politics board. What do you expect?

11. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is the second guy of late who has shown up here with the purpose of changing the way everyone else posts.

12. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah but the point is that Blix didn't find anything and Bush pretty much said "screw it we'll find some when we get there." I'm assuming you are talking about the 2009 declaration. That is pretty weak. That we found some outdated and decayed crap from 1991 in the year 2009 as a reason to for invasion in 2003 is pretty ridiculous even for you.

"Iraq became a member state of the Chemical Weapons Convention in 2009, declaring "two bunkers with filled and unfilled chemical weapons munitions, some precursors, as well as five former chemical weapons production facilities" according to OPCW Director General Rogelio Pfirter.[122] No plans were announced at that time for the destruction of the material, although it was noted that the bunkers were damaged in the 2003 war and even inspection of the site must be carefully planned.

The declaration contained no surprises, OPCW spokesman Michael Luhan indicated.[122] The production facilities were "put out of commission" by airstrikes during the 1991 conflict, while U.N. personnel afterward secured the chemical munitions in the bunkers. Luhan stated at the time: "These are legacy weapons, remnants." He declined to discuss how many weapons were stored in the bunkers or what materials they contained. The weapons were not believed to be in a usable state."

13. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is not the place to be if one doesn't want to discuss politics.

But that's not what he really wants. He wants to discuss it, only on his terms. He's just another leftist who gave himself away because he can't keep from using their talking points.

Naturally he doesn't want the conversation to turn to his failed leader. What leftist would? There's a lot to defend.

He'd rather guide the conversation to Bush. He's comfortable there. Knows all the talking points and other useless prattle.

#33 carpro, Aug 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2014
  14. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Quit being such a gutless drama queen. The only thing I've done is hold people accountable for their claims. Sorry to shatter your world. I'd imagine you were pretty comfortable posting in an echo chamber where you could all pat each other on the back.

#34 Use of Time, Aug 15, 2014
  15. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why all the personal attacks and why the personal attacks against the preacher, which is gauche.

16. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So this johnny-come-lately shows up here, attacks people beginning in his very first post, and tries to assert that before he got here there was nothing but an echo chamber for whoever.

Maybe folks should stick around for a while and actually get to know people before:

1. making every post an attack on conservatives

2. asserting that they have knowledge of people and their posting habits

3. act like a victim when no one wants to put up with their behavior.

One thing is for sure, he has not read the book "How to make friends and influence people". :laugh:

17. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There has never existed an echo chamber on this board. Ever. It has always had people from both sides of issues and doctrines. To suggest otherwise only shows someone who is contentious without any real knowledge of this board or the other people who take part in it.

18. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's an old book...if you know what I mean. Not found in video games, etc.

19. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1. You "got to know me" by calling me a troll after you got your feelings hurt when I pointed out the "background checks on Afghan security forces." I didn't even insult you. Snarky perhaps but you immediately called me a troll for having the audacity to disagree with you. Your aren't exacly free and clear of responsibility here other.

2. Your posting habits bascially consist of popping into the middle of a conversation just to drop some comment about leftist, liberals, etc... You also seem to dissappear after I call you on something. Care to discuss the WMD's a few posts ago.

3. Not acting like a victim. I haven't asked for an apology from anybody. Buy hey if I did it would show that white people can play the victim role too right?

I'm pretty sure I have been the only "liberal" even though I voted for McCain and Romney (That one almost had me going the other way) hanging in most of these threads. I have no problem with conservatism as a whole. I have a problem with this ultra-conservatism where people have blinders on to the point where they view the most miniscule thing as an oppurtunity to tear down the other side. The country is fractured and both sides claim it is the other while not realizing that they are both responsible.

I tell you what though. I'm willing to start fresh if you are. I suppose at the end of the day if we have nothing else in common we can at least claim to be brothers in Christ. Deal? I will also formally apologize to you for any and all insults.

#39 Use of Time, Aug 15, 2014
  20. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There you go again.

We have lots of people like you on this board. We have the complete range of political opinion here--if anything we have too many liberals/radicals/leftists. So you can drop your personal attacks against everyone who disagrees with you now. And it is bad manners to make personal attacks against preachers. We have freedom of speech in this country but that does not mean that we attack people personally who exercise their freedom of speech.