1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Born of water?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Jedi Knight, Apr 10, 2013.

1. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does he deny thte absolute necessity to have the sinner receive Chrsit thru faith, as ALL NT verses suoport the notion that IF the sinner has not received chrsit by /thru faith, not saved!

regeneration work of the HS, but MUST also have then received chrsit by faith to be really saved!

3. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Should, 'amniotic fluid' be understood concerning the coming of Jesus in 1 John 5:7?

According to the fact that if Christ be not raised we are still in our sins, why should we not understand the resurrection of the seed of the loins of David, Jesus the Christ, where by resurrection his soul was not left in Hades and by resurrection incorruptible his flesh did not see corruption, as life given to someone totally dead. Thou art my Son, This day, I have begotten thee. Is that not regeneration of someone who had been dead?

I will ask again. Was Jesus inclusive of the Son of Man, the man child of the virgin Mary, in, "except a man," if ever no any or if ever lest a one.

Keep in mind there is not one word said or implied concerning sin in this passage. Keep in mind the lamb, which would have to be subject to death, the very death assigned to Adam, was considered slain before Adam was created. I believe that in it's self says something about this passage.

4. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    JesusFan/Dechaser1/Yeshua1 read him for your own self and make your own discernment.

5. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    By 'amniotic fluid' I was referring to posts # 2 & 3 which I don't agree with.

6. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let's assume AA is correct in, "Born again from above." of which you posted to:

Thank you AA! I always appreciate you input, I usually learn something.

"Born again from above", I love it.

Then would not verse 5, " Except a man be born of water and [of] the Spirit," have the meaning of, born of water/flesh and/even again of Spirit?

To enter the kingdom of God requires both births.

7. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yea, sure, it takes a physical birth to produce a material body so it can have a spiritual birth.

I still don't think that's what Christ meant by 'water'.

#107 kyredneck, Apr 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2013
  8. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things? John 3:10

For unto the angels hath he not put in subjection the world to come, whereof we speak. Hebrews 2:5

Is it implied either this world/the kingdoms of this world, or some kingdom/world in the past was subject to angels yet the world to come, the kingdom of God will not be subject to angels?

Verse 6-8 But one in a certain place testified, saying, What is man, that thou art mindful of him? or the son of man, that thou visitest him? Thou madest him a little lower than the angels; thou crownedst him with glory and honour, and didst set him over the works of thy hands: Thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing not put under him.

The kingdoms of this world. But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia. Daniel 10:13

V-8 But now we see not yet all things put under him. (Man)

Verse 9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death ----- Ordained to take place before the man of verse 6 was created or sinned. A promise was made at the same before the age, by which he could receive life again. be regenerated.

This world is subjected to angelic beings fallen and doing battle with angelic beings who have not fallen, when need be.

Adam was created in a manner that would require re-birth which would come in the seed of the woman who had been taken from the man who had been created in the image of God.

Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. John 3:7

Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the birthpains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it. Acts 2:24
    This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses. Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear. Acts 2:32,33

Who has been born again from above and who must be born again from above.

What does the word of God say the word by which we might be born of God?

Is the gift of the Holy Spirit the inheritance or is it the earnest of the inheritance making us heirs of the inheritance?

#108 percho, Apr 18, 2013
  9. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Nick knew this passage but didn't connect the dots because he was lost.

10. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Poor ol' Nick. He's been villainized down through the centuries; and all he did was to slip away at night to have a conversation with the Saviour.

11. Jedi Knight

Site Supporter

Villain? Not even close. In fact he defended Jesus publicly AND Nicodemus lovingly helped prepare Jesus' body for burial. John 19:39-40

#111 Jedi Knight, Apr 18, 2013
  12. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK, now you're preaching to the choir....

13. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

hmmmmph.....all this time, and I didn't know PB's had choirs. I thought they sang with a congregational style like we ORB's. Oh well......I learn something new every day. :) :D :wavey: :love2:

14. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My Momma sang in the choir at the SB Church I grew up in.... :)

15. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did, still not sure, do you hold that one can get to heaven even without either knowing of jesus, or not placing faith in him as saviour?

16. Jedi Knight

Site Supporter

John 8:24
    I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am he, you will indeed die in your sins."

17. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are there seperate views within PB regarding this, as knwo of a pastor whose church would not support missions in it, for God would save his elect regardless!

18. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I will ask again. Was Jesus inclusive of the Son of Man, the man child of the virgin Mary; When he said, "except a man, be born again from above"?

And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all he might have the preeminence. Col. 1:18

Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus (< the grace we are under) might be made manifest in our body. For we which live are alway delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh. Knowing that he which raised up the Lord Jesus (< That being the grace we are under) shall raise up us also by Jesus, and shall present with you. 2 Cor. 4:10,11,14

For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. ---So born in the image of the firstborn from the dead, Son.

19. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    C & P the part you can't comprehend, I'll help you with it.

#119 kyredneck, Apr 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2013
  20. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey Y..... There is a PB Church or two or three in Michigan....let me know & will hook you up! :smilewinkgrin: