1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Bottom Line on Judging Zimmerman's Actions...

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Benjamin, Jul 12, 2013.

?
  1. Zimmerman has NO responsibility whatsoever and therefore should receive NO punishment whatsoever.

50.0%
  2. Zimmerman has SOME responsibility and therefore should receive at least SOME punishment.

20.0%
  3. We don’t know enough to believe Zimmerman is responsible at all.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. We know enough to conclude that there is at least some responsibility on Zimmerman’s part.

40.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you would place the judgment of the matter into the hands a few cops and deny the local family’s right to plea for proper jurisdiction to bring justice based on your disapproval of the incoming political arguments over racism.

And thereby you reason that this somehow exonerates Zimmerman of any responsibility whatsoever in the death of this young man. Interesting…

2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I think this again is where Zimmerman has a problem. According to the timeline, he was on the phone with the police dispatcher when he got out of the truck (blue square in the photo). Instead of immediately going back to his truck, according to him he kept going to the other street to look for an address. He had just come from a lit side of the street where he could have gotten an address when he first got out his truck. He was still looking for Trayvon.

3. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

If I was prosecuting a murder case, I'd definitely want Benjamin and Zaac on the jury. Emotional and prejudicial.

4. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Zimmerman has and will suffer for the rest of his life even if he is acquitted.

5. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That has got to be the most ridiculous reply yet. ;)

So your reasoning is that you see NO "irresponsibility" in the motives and actions leading to Zimmerman placing himself in the situation or once he entered it, whatsoever, that ended up causing this young man's death. Interesting...

6. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

And if I were prosecuting a murder case, I'd definitely avoid you and all those who repeat the same talking points as Hannity and Limbaugh and then suddenly think you've got the market cornered on the truth of what happened.

7. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Thanks for another meaningless rhetorical contribution of Ad Hominem in this thread. ;)

Crash dummy #3. Check.
    :)

8. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

He had plenty of responsibilities...I listed them.

I don't see him as the rogue vigilante you do, so of course we are going to differ on what responsibilities he had.

9. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe so. Although we do not know to what extent. If he had walked away with no further investigation or allegations though I wonder if he would be suffering or maybe on a personal high?

10. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Benjamin, you must understand that this board is a reflection of angry, conservative White America. There are a lot of personalities on here who listen to conservative talk radio, etc, myself being one, and it has stoked the fire of Blacks cry racism about everything.

People feel as though they haven't taken a stand when Blacks have cried racism in the past and they're sick and tired of giving them a pass just because they cry racism.

And what you have ended up with is a group of folks, even in the Church, who are absent compassion and who speak about anyone who does not meet their standard as though they were somehow less of a human being.

All the while trying to hide it under the guise of "evidential truth" and the love of Jesus while displaying anything BUT the love of Jesus.

So don't dwell on it too much. It just is what it is. As I told some other folks, I've been on a lot of boards, but this CHRISTIAN board is without a doubt filled with some of the meanest, nastiest, unChristlike people I have ever encountered.

If you don't tow the clique line, gird your loins. :laugh:

11. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nice dodge. But, of course, I'm asking some or no "irresponsibility" in this according to the details we do know about Zimmerman being in this situation that caused a death?

Mr. Semantic Ambiguity Man. ;)

#31 Benjamin, Jul 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2013
  12. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Based on facts from testimony, the only thing irresponsible was his use of language. His actions were quite responsible.

13. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, I'm pretty far from being liberal but am aware of the influences and refuse to be swayed in my judgment of the matter because of them.

Justice should be blind to color, completely, so the politics about this is completely a non-issue to me. It is just as wrong to say the roots are racist, because I believe the roots have merely came down to picking sides and getting caught up in rhetorical arguments that are meaningless and have become politically based.

Is culture involved? Yes, on both sides and often that does not even have to do with color. All said and done it seems to claim no responsibility for poor judgment on Zimmerman's part would have to be motivated by outside influences because to me it seem undeniable that Zimmerman has some faults in this and those fault caused a death. Therefore, for him to get off free is wrong. To take such as a victory either way because of picking sides according to political parties is wrong.

#33 Benjamin, Jul 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2013
  14. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

He's a marked man. Prison may not even be safe for him.

15. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    All of them or some of them???

16. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Ditto for me. I keep trying to tell them that I'm by far the most conservative person on here but they don't believe me. :laugh:

Again, it just is what it is. It's the same thing that came out during the recent presidential election. Skin color was a factor. The folks on here tried desperately to pretend as though it were a non-factor, but just like this case, skin color does indeed mean something.

It's one of the reasons George Zimmerman pursued Trayvon Martin.

17. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

It's sad. And this is just another reason why you let the police do their jobs. Who will hire him after this if he isn't convicted? Can he and his family ever live a normal life in the United States after this? I wouldn't think so.

18. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree with you on this matter of civil suits. This is going to drag on for quite some time. My opinion is that it escalated too quickly over not much of anything. Apparently the apartment or housing unit was the father's girlfriend's. So the parents have a mess in their personal lives. It was a crime area with break-ins although it looked like a nice complex on tv. It was very dimly lit. Martin had been using drugs. I agree with Alan Dershowitz, the uber liberal Harvard Law Professor, who noted that the defendant had two black eyes, a fractured nose and lacerations on the back of his head and a back ache. I think that the drugs impaired rationality.

19. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh sure he will. Most people see this whole thing for what it is.

20. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I don't think so. Most people see it for what he media, either liberal or conservative, wants them to see it as.

He'll have a target on his back in public and in the work place. And the stress on his family? It'll be crazy no matter what.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.