Brain Death

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by LorrieGrace, Nov 9, 2004.

1. LorrieGrace

LorrieGrace
    Expand Collapse

When someone is brain dead on life support is their soul still with them or already in eternity? And if their souls haven't gone into eternity, did the plug puller kill them? How about those that OKed the pulling of the plug?

2. dianetavegia

dianetavegia
    Expand Collapse

If all brain wave tests are FLAT and machines breathe for the person or causes their heart to beat and without the machine, they would die, then they are, in my humble opinion, already dead. However, if the heart continues to beat or the person continues to breathe without the use of a machine, food, water and all care must be continued! If there is ANY brain activity, then all care MUST be continued!

Consider my father in law who had polio. His chest muscles were paralyzed and he couldn't breathe without being in an iron lung or later, on a rocking bed. He was perfectly fine mentally and died 7 years later from a related infection.

3. donnA

donnA
    Expand Collapse

The brain sends and recieves signals from the body. It tells you to move your hand the stove is hot. It also sends signals to tell the heart to beat, the lungs to breath, other organs to do their work. If the brain is dead the other organs do not recieve a signal(none is sent), the body is technically dead. Modern medical science can force the heart and lungs to function. But there is no life left. I beleve when a person is brain dead they have already gone from their bodies, and on to God(for the saved that is). Man makes the body seem to be alive by forcing some functions to continue, thinking they are prolonging life. Only by modern science can this happen, at one time these people were immediatly declared dead, and so they are. Forcing the heart and lungs to work when the brin is dead is no continueing life, but only making it appear life is continuing.
    I have told my husband if I am ever like this do not allow me to be on machines, I will be home with Jesus and do not want my family to have to stand around and watch this machine force air intomy lungs, giving false hope. Just celebrate with me, I'll be with Jesus.

4. rufus

rufus
    Expand Collapse

My wife recently faced that hard decision when the "plug" was pulled on her dad who was brain dead and whose heart had ruptured.

Rufus

5. LorrieGrace

LorrieGrace
    Expand Collapse

Rufus,

I can sympathize. My mother was on life support but her heart gave out. However, the doctors were talking to my older brothers about thinking about it because her condition was never gonna change.