1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Branch Davidian Seventh Day Adventist Association

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Ben W, Apr 19, 2006.

1. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

oh well, I guess it doesnt matter, if people wanna think something they are gonna, no matter what. soooooooooooooooooo

2. wopik

wopik New Member

3. D28guy

D28guy New Member

Kamaroso,

Thats more like Catholicism than SDAism.

(the Pope is *supposedly* the "Vicar of Christ" on earth)

Again, Catholicism 101. The Teaching Magesterium.

It certainly isnt. The LAST thing a cult wants is for its people to think for themselves. The people MUST be dependant on the organisation to spoon feed them.

Mike

4. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Really?

Well lets see if this too is a lie. Below you will see clips taken from the thread..” Does Ellen White qualify as a true prophet scripturally?”

Claudia post….
    The National Enquirer said Jean Dixon has only a thirty percent accuracy rate. That means seven out of ten things she predicts never happen. But the National Enquirer thinks that's great! If they only knew! God's prophets have one hundred percent accuracy rate. The things they prophesy, always come to pass.

100% of the time. What is that saying? Now..if she is 100% right...i want to know what she says. This would make her as the very word of God. The Bible is the only pure truth i know of...but now we are adding Ellen.

Wait..there is more…

Claudia post….
    Did you understand that? God is simply saying, especially to us in these last days: "Don't reject all prophecy, just test them, and try them, and make sure they are from Me. And when you find a genuine prophet, hold fast, and don't let them go."

When you find a “genuine prophet” hold fast to them. Humm

Now who were you talking about? As it turns out…it is Ellen White.

Claudia post…
    From her first vision there in 1844, until her death in 1915, Ellen White received over 2,000 visions, wrote over 50 volumes, 100,000 pages, and over 200 million words. She was God's prophet to the Seventh-day Adventist movement, and her voluminous writings continue to lead the church to this day. Now I want to show you why, and how, she fulfills the "12 biblical bests of a true prophet."

Prophets are Infallable That is what the Bible claims..and this is what you said also.

There is no need to carry this on. I’ll drop it and give you the last word.

The full link is below if anyone wants to read this.

http://www.baptistboard.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/28/3612.html#000004

5. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As long as the original churches denounce, keep distance, and condemn the heretic beliefs of the split group, we should not connect the new heretic groups with the original group of churches where the split sect was originated from.

Always there have been apostasies, and will arise new apostasies even in the future.

If anyone blame the original churches as responsible for the new sects, such person can blame the whole Christianity.

Can we say this way?:
    Many sects came out of Roman Catholic, and therefore Roman Catholic is responsible for all the heretic Christian heretics ?

The point is that no denomination can have the control over the split churches in the democratic society.

Satan tries every effort to accuse the people of God in any way by connecting A with B.
    If any true believer misunderstand the other true believer, Satan succeeded in that aspect of Friendly Fire.
    Satan's strategy is clear to deface the whole Christina believers by splitting or by insinuating the false impression against the believers.

It is a great pity that such random shooting occurs quite often.

6. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Here is something almost I never do - but here goes.

This thread is on the subject of offshoots and their contrast/differences with Adventists.

There is a quote here on the subject of "Sola Scriptura" from Ellen White to which I would add another --

So let's say for the sake of argument that I really and truly believe those two quotes. That the ONLY SOURCE to quote in a doctrinal discussion is "the Bible and the Bible only".

I mean lets just "say".

Then why would I quote "any other source" to establish a point on doctrine??

Why?

Especially in a forum where the ONLY "common ground" is The Bible - possibly a few historians and maybe a few well known well accepted Bible Scholars "NOT" of my own denomination!!

If my actions don't agree with that quote above - am I not just "asking" for a pounding on that point -- each and every time I do it??

In Christ,

Bob

7. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

This was wrong to post what is listed below.

"Prophets are Infallable That is what the Bible claims..and this is what you said also."

What I meant to say...was

Prophets words of prophesy are infallible. That is what the Bible claims..and this is what you said also when you claim she was 100% right.