1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BREAKING NEWS- Court rules in favour of Texas polygamist moms

Discussion in '2008 Archive' started by Brother Shane, May 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Shane,

Its a known fact that this cult "marries" off underage children which by las IS abuse. There is case after case after case of this happening. Just listen to the words of those who came out the this perverted cult.

Secondly the mothers obviously knew because they are part of the cult.

You can´t argue with facts.

2. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

Watch what you say. You can't go down the street too far these days before you run into a teen that is with child... it's not just these people.

Well, really, where is your paperwork stating they were married?

What do you base that on? It's how they opperate on a regular bases, it's their doctrine, the mothers would have to be totally ignorant of their own church doctrines.

For you to take it to the courthouse and show the judge why they shouldn't go back... that's what. Take your news article up there, and see what happens. Do things that the CPS lawyers haven't already done...

Thats a bit obvious. They allowed them to be abused, and played a part in the abuse.

Here's a hint: I never endorsed anything. There was nothing to endorse. There is no evidence here. The fact that I don't accept your news articles as evidence doesn't mean I should agree with you and if I don't agree with you -- doesn't mean I'm endorsing that. Again, because someone doesn't believe the accusations at hand doesn't mean he or she approves of it. Really, in turn, he or she wouldn't believe it because he or she doesn't believe it happened.

3. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

Then we should have faith that the courts will prosecute those since it's a fact and it's happening, right?

4. donnA

donnA Active Member

You will say and do anything to try and make evil sound good won't you.
    This is proof of sexual abuse. Get over it.

Ahh, there you go, they didn't even try to hide their s*xual abuse and perversion as a marriage, just simple all out rape of young girls.

Yeah thats what I said, mothers would have had to be ignorant of their church doctrines not to have known they were handing their daughters over to be abused.

You ask for proof, and then refuse the fact proof exsists.
    You are arguing for and advocating child rape.

5. donnA

donnA Active Member

I personally think an admin needs to check out the other poster in this thread, he is arguing we do nothing and allow children to be sold as s*x slaves, to be raped and abused. We've all seen proof this is happening.

6. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

No, I'm not getting over the fact that these men aren't in trouble and the poor children and mothers are. The men would have done the crime had there been an evident crime.. and should have been prosecuted! Then mothers and children should have been left alone. The fact is, no man is in jail over it and the court today ruled that the state had no right to take the children away. I am not endorsing molestation, sex slaves, illegal marriages or any of that - I'm 100% against it, but I am also against taking someone's "word" as an account and that being the only "proof" you have to take the children. Do you know how many families would be ruined had that been legal? Do you know how many good liars there are out there?

And I assume you think I'm ignorant too because I don't trust every single person that claims to be raped, huh?

I ask that you refrain from such comments that are alleging me of things that I publicly denounce. You did this on the last topic and now you're doing it on here. I ask that you stop.

7. rbell

rbell Active Member

Shane,

I find it disturbing at how vehemently you are defending these guys.

8. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

I'm defending them because there is no proof that this took place at their compound -- none. You're going on all speculation. I have never approved of such behavior and never will, but I will never approve of the separation of families because someone said they did something and the authorities going on that as solid proof.

Personally, I find many things on here disturbing, but I don't look down on any of you one bit.

9. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

It is a fact that this cult has a history of child abuse. Why deny the facts? CPS is not this big bad government agency that the conspiracy theorist would have us to believe. Have they made mistakes in the past? Absolutely. But have they removed children from dangerous situations? Yes, and It appear based that this is one of those cases.

I am of the opinion that something should have been done for these children much sooner.

10. donnA

donnA Active Member

Who says the children are in trouble? You?
    Of course not.
    These children were removed from a dangerous sitation, who if they removed the perpotrators, then the children would have been left alone with out adults.
    Get this big news,,,, children are always removed from dangerous situations, or even suspected dangerous situations. You'd have to get the laws changed all over the country to avoid it.
    good luck.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the mothers are guilty of the crime too, they handed their children over and did nothing to try to protect them.

Taking someones 'word' is what courts do all the time. It's what we do as christians, also called witnessing. I guess no one should take our word.
    Which reminds me, I think if we should take no ones word, you need to get back up in that other thread and prove your words with scripture.

They have proof of whats going on. They have professionals who have proof.

Apparently you don't believe it's called rape when a 14 yr old is sold to an old men for the purpose of s*x, then forced to have s*x with him.

11. donnA

donnA Active Member

It's quite disturbing for a christian to defend such behavior.
    How can anyone now possibly take him seriously on the modesty thread, obedience to God there, and evil on this thread.

12. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

There has been proof as has already been explained. Why ignore it.

The fact that you feel the need to mention this is disturbing.

13. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

In trouble as in taken away. The men were free. The mother and children got in trouble.

So the perpetrators are free and the children should be boarded up like dogs?

News here is that the court rules that the state had no evidence to do such, so now maybe the mothers will reunite with their children.

"Should" something have happened, and I am sure should this have happened, you know, the reason the mothers are "guilty," the men would have been arrested. But you saw how confused the government was at the beginning of the whole ordeal anyway... "trust us, we're the government." yeah right!

It's what we do as Christians, also called witnessing. I guess no one should take our word.
    Which reminds me, I think if we should take no ones word, you need to get back up in that other thread and prove your words with scripture.

They have proof of whats going on. They have professionals who have proof.

Irrelevant, completely.

Yup, I sure do. What else do you want to know? Do I think it's right? No I don't. Did this happen at that compound? Did it?

14. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

You know donnA, I'm not even going to let that get to me because I have to consider the source... it's coming from the same woman who alleged me of condoning such behaviour. Sometimes I just turn things over to God, you know?

15. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Okay, folks, it looks like another food fight has started. So, this thread is closed.

Posters, remember many here are fairly libertarian in their outlook. Then there are may who remember the Texas CPS and Lester Rolloff. So, there is a lot of healthy suspicion about the States motives in this case.

Another point to remember is the folks involved are not Christians, they are members of the Fundamental Church of LDS aka renegade Morm*ns (*s to cut do on the google adds). Even though the women dress modestly, remember so do Musl*m and Orthod*x J*wish women.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.