1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Breaking news...

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by JohnDeereFan, Jul 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1) Sarah Palin is a public figure, not a nobody poster like me. And as far as I know Sarah Palin is not a poster on this board.

2) You are badly mistaken. It has not.

3) Evidently, you do, since you have posted in this thread.

4) Apparently, conservatives have difficulty doing so, e.g., Senator Ensign, Governor Sanford.

#81 KenH, Jul 4, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2009
  2. rbell

rbell Active Member

See, this is where your intellectual dishonesty is so apparent.

You never mention people like John Edwards. I've expressed my disgust against Edwards AND Sanford. You completely ignore when a liberal does these shenanigans. But when a "conservative" does something like Sanford...something monumentally stupid, terribly wrong, and worse yet, he doesn't seem to grasp the problem after being caught...you squeal with glee and can't wait to find someone to rub their nose in it.

Your behavior reminds me of the kid who walked around carrying dog poop, and told everyone who would listen..."Hey, look what I almost stepped in!"

You're kind of missing the point.

3. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

Ken, while you're naming sinners in one party as though all others are saints......... you're ignoring the one difference....... while all people are human and sinners..... some know the difference and when they fall, they are remorseful, ashamed, and, often repentant ....... which is more admirable than those who justify and continue with their repetitive behavior, boastfulness, and/or arrogance.

Back on topic: Whatever is behind Palin's resignation...... unless it is something she chooses to tell, our discussion about 'why' is speculation.

IMO, this is not likely to advance hopes for 2012 Presidential Election. Time will probably disclose more.

(At least it got news off Michael Jackson...... some. And no one says anything about another 15 Pakistannis killed by drones....... Isn't that supposed to be an act of war? When was it declared? In fact..... when was any war 'declared' by constitutional law since WW II? And 52 banks have failed since the beginning of this year..... more than twice the number of last year! But..... what's news? A pastor caring for his sheep getting tasered..... after the police chased him back in to the church and kicked on the door of the church and pepper-sprayed the congregation, and, ........who cares....... the pastor spoke Spanish! Duh! Possibly a good reason for his concern and inquiry regarding an attendee? oh ......and lets not forget Hondorus.... who according to one diplomat, had/or has an attempted change of government heads.... in agreement with their laws of the judicial and their representatives but our country is labeling it as a 'coup' .....because the military was involved in the expulsion from office even though the military did not then upsurp the powers of the office which were returned immediately to the representative government.. but our government ....um Barry Sortoro is rebuking .......wonder if he feels a similar threat is possible here? Better get that Birth Certificate in order.....even if it means forging the documents... maybe???? .....wonder what DC is doing while we're being distracted by the less important? No doubt, trying to pass more taxes, take more freedoms, close more banks, prepare for rebellion or mass vaccination or quarantine, or figuring out how to stage another war or design a plausible cause for martial law here, etc.????)

#83 windcatcher, Jul 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2009
  4. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, the irony.

5. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

So, for you, personal attacks are okay on "public figures" but not "nobody posters"? And you call Republicans hypocrites?? What a joke. Your thought process doesn't seem to allow to see the obvious: If they are wrong they are wrong. It doesn't matter who one is.

Again, all you have to do is look. I am right.

Not really. I didn't even know what the breaking news was. Then a I read a few posts and saw you chiming in, breaking your promise one more time. And along with breaking your promise making inane personal attacks on people.

This isn't about Ensign or Sanford. It's about you. Surely you are not arguing that since Sanford did it, you can too. Are you really not any better than him? Or Ensign? Or Clinton? Or Edwards?

6. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Are you saying he was a bad actor? Because Fred as an actor was, at worst, competent. If you're saying the character of the DA was bad, well, Fred had nothing to do with whether the character was an idiot or not. You can't take his DA character and extrapolate to say that he's the same in real life.

He didn't run a great '88 campaign either.

And liberals like Senator Edwards, President Clinton, etc., sure are models of keeping their word, aren't they?

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nope. They are certainly not.

8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do neither one of those things.

9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    More personal attacks by the conservative side. It just goes on and on and on. :laugh:

10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1) Since when do conservatives not personally attack public figures, e.g., President Obama?

2) No, you are wrong.

3) Yes, really. It would be rather silly for one to post in a thread about a news story that one did not care about.

4) If my comments about Sarah Palin are inane(which they are not), your personal attacks toward me, a nobody poster, are even more inane.

5) No, this thread is supposed to be about Sarah Palin and her resigning as Alaska's governor. If you want to start a thread about me, then, by all means, start one. But I think that is against the BB rules, if I recall correctly.

11. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Calm down. It was just a joke.

12. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Has anyone ever wrestled with a pig in the mud before?

13. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's what I feel like when debating with conservatives, Pastor Mitchell. :laugh:

14. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It would be nice if people stayed on topic.

If Palin did this to be able to campaign for the 2012 nomination, well I think it is a poor tactic. It certainly gives any opponent a huge amount of ammunition to use against her.

If it is simply because the kitchen is too hot for her to handle it also speaks volumes about her as far as being in the White House. Talk about heat?

If it is medical, it is understandable.

If she is simply sick of politics ... not so understandable.

If it is about having more time with the family ... well that does not speak well about a national campaign or office.

If it is about another, more serious scandal, cutting and running won't help much.

It will be interesting to find out ... if we ever do ... what her real reasons were.

15. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, but don't hold your breath expecting a lot of conservatives to do so, especially when they are losing the debate.

#95 KenH, Jul 4, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2009
  16. rbell

rbell Active Member

Not-so-secret among BB members:

This is the post KenH reverts to when he has no response to what was posted.

It was just pointed out to Ken that he is horribly inconsistent when it comes to scandals involving conservatives vs. scandals involving statists/liberals.

Since he has no answer (his critics are right), he resorts, repeatedly, to the post quoted above.

The truth is painful, ain't it?

17. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Who said anything about that? Weren't you a liberal because the conservatives are so bad? And now your excuse is "They do it too"?

No, I am right. Sorry. You are not objective about your posting, but the rest of us can see it.

I am not posting about a news story that I don't care about. I am posting about a "Nobody poster" who can't keep his own promises, who says one thing and does another, and corrupts the conversation of the board.

I didn't make any personal attacks toward you.

I would rather you just kept your word.

18. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am quite consistent. I abhor bad behavior on the part of any person, regardless of political views or lack thereof.

19. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Oh! Then its settled. RBell what were you thinking?:rolleyes:

20. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1) No, you are quite wrong.

2) And you are?

3) Then, with all due respect, you shouldn't be posting in this thread.

4) Yes, you did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.