1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Breaking Story! Its Rove!

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by ASLANSPAL, Jul 2, 2005.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I predict that this story will fade away just like it did before.

Have ya'll noticed how the anti-Bush crowd just keeps recycling the same stuff over and over again?

2. ASLANSPAL

ASLANSPAL New Member

You took the hook on that one KenH ;) that one
    was especially for you and those who salivate
    over hap..hap..happy drudge...The guy who created
    his site now works for Arianna at the Post and
    I thought it was interesting in the least that
    now Drudge is linking to the Post...so that was
    my point. Drudge is rumored to be kind of hedging
    his bets and is trying to find the mainstream ,instead of the far right. I read on
    the blog that he actually had Laurence O'Donnell on
    his show...I didn't even know Drudge had a show?

Apparently he really liked having O'Donnell on.

Sun Jul 3rd, 2005 at 19:38:57 PDT
    For those of you who were not just near an AM radio let me provide a quick report on the Matt Drudge Sunday night radio show that just aired with Lawrence O'Donnell as a guest answering questions about his disclosures in the Rove inquiry.

O'Donnell stood by his earlier remarks totally. He did not back down one bit. He said that Matt Cooper's notes will show that Rove was his primary source on the Plame matter. O'Donnell further stated that Rove's lawyer only decided to play defense once it was known that O'Donnell's remarks had gone out over the McLaughlin Group air. Rove's lawyer used very technical language in his denials. Further, it would be expected that if Rove is in danger of a perjury rap, the lawyer would be expected to defend the client (read: tell an untruth in a public non-legal statement for the purposes of representing his client to the press). What his lawyer said was not in front of a judge. It was simply a weekend pr effort. Of course he's going to say his client didn't break the law, etc. Duh... In addition to O'Donnell's reiteration of what he posted on the Huffington Post, it was interesting to hear Matt Drudge's reaction to the potential of a Rove indictment--he seemed to take the prospect pretty seriously, and my guess is Drudge will continue to play this story pretty big all summer. This could really heat up, judging by the way everyone was talking.

I think it is clear now that this has moved beyond the question of betraying a US covert agent, and now the prosecutor is going after perjury/obstruction of justice related to the investigation--rather than the original underlying crime. That is pretty standard in these Washington cases.

3. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The reason that "the prosecutor is going after perjury/obstruction of justice related to the investigation--rather than the original underlying crime" as you write, A-pal, is that there is no underlying crime. It was the Democrats who insisted on the special prosecutor and he ended up having to chase a couple of Democrat reporters over perjury since it turned out that no CIA operative was exposed.

The best thing to do is to drop the whole thing, and I guess that in the long run The New York Times will cave as Time did and the case will be closed.

And poor Joe Wilson will be stuck with a warehouse full of his books that and be unemployed to boot.

4. ASLANSPAL

ASLANSPAL New Member

Wow! amazing cmg do you coddle treason on a daily
    basis..wow you speak of this and how you are so
    righteous in your ideaology but yet it is okay
    for this scum to be above the law ..this is what
    Karl Roves attitude is to the constitution.

[​IMG]

wow the <snipped> (bushes nickname not mine)
    is sooooooooo professional.

[ July 04, 2005, 04:16 PM: Message edited by: C4K ]

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is that a real photo? If not, then that would be defamation of character and you should repent and retract your photo.

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1) I don't think that is anything new.

2) Yes, from 9:00-12:00 Central Time on Sunday nights. I like to listen to it but missed it last night.

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's interesting that since the Downing Street memo didn't gain traction that it has dropped out of the news.

I predict that this Rove story will prove to be another blank fired by the Left and will also soon drop out of the news.

8. ASLANSPAL

ASLANSPAL New Member

So why do you keep posting ..and the pic is for
    real ..why wouldn't it be it's how rove treats
    this great nation...with contempt ..seeking to
    divide.

Oh the Downing street memo is alive and well it is
    just there is just so much news in a day ...people
    of this country assimilated the memo and wow! look
    at those poll numbers...the consequence of deception ...is loss of trust..plain and simple.

9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I went to the actual source of your picture and I note the following:

1) Rove is not actually making the sign you accuse him of with his hand. You need to repent and retract your statement.(I am surprised that the moderators allow you to get away with a deceptive photo to try to make it look like he is doing so.)

2) The picture you used is from what can only be described as a pro-Iraqi insurgency website. I guess that explains why you are posting about the war as you are but I hope that doesn't tell us whose side you are on. But I find it disturbing that you would use such a website that apparently takes delight in the killing of U.S. troops.

10. ASLANSPAL

ASLANSPAL New Member

It is a real picture KenH and not a fake ..period
    so get upset at the photographer if it had been
    a fake then I would have called it a fake.

In a free country I am welcome to my interpretation of the photo and you can try
    to intimidate all you can..and you are free to
    interpret as you see fit...got the pic from
    Google and not a website..get real KenH.

take your frustrations out on others or post
    the fake dean pic again that will make you feel
    better. ;)

Its not a facist lite reconstrutionist state yet
    KenH..so thanks for playing with the liberal aliens. ;)

11. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I didn't say it was fake. But when looking at the larger picture on the website it comes from it is clear that his hand is not even touching his nose. He has his hand raised from some reason, probably waving, and is looking to his right. You need to repent and retract your silly statement.

If you click quote on your post of the picture you will see this:

www.uruknet.info/uruknet-images/rove.jpeg

Shorten and go to:

www.uruknet.info

I guess you need to be careful where your pictures come from, ASLANSPAL.

It is clear that you are using the camera angle to defame Karl Rove. You should repent.

[ July 05, 2005, 01:17 AM: Message edited by: KenH ]

12. ASLANSPAL

ASLANSPAL New Member

For the last time I got the pic from Google KenH
    and the Holy Spirit will convict me about
    repentance not you KenH..period.

You cannot control political opinion KenH even though your frustration is showing and you
    are lashing out and trying to blame instead of
    taking responsibility.

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ned=us&q=Karl+Rove

simple Ken google took ownership of the picture
    to link to legit sites..period...I got the pic
    from google news..period...fact...end of story.

I think you should apologize but I don't expect
    one since your lame goose chase is also silly.

and besides it would be soooooooooooo easy to
    get the pic from other sources.

What! what is that noise it just past over
    my house...a black helicopter! KenH did you
    catch that! perhaps your aluminum foil helmet
    rabbit ears picked it up!

KenH I will make it easy...why don't you actually
    post a counter point or an opinion on the rove
    topic instead of these goose chases.

13. ASLANSPAL

ASLANSPAL New Member

[​IMG]

Wow! this picture is popping up everywhere!

{pic is real interpret it how ever you want}

personally for me it looks like a 3 stooges gesture at our constitution.

14. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Actually it's no surprise the Downing Street memo(s) didn't get much traction in the mainstream media because the mainstream media is controlled.

I think your prediction could work out that way for the same reason, the mainstream media is controlled.

Both sides of the debate (whenever one is allowed) is controlled by the loyal members of the CFR acting as CEOs, talking heads, publishers, editors and so forth. To keep you the subject and paycheck coming back, paying lots and lots in taxes and staying loyal to "your party". Because both parties are controlled by the loyal members of the CFR and Trilaterals acting as congressmen, senators, advisors, experts and so forth Republican and Democrat where by they can control both sides of the debate there.

15. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

Wow, Joseph:

1. Did you know that she was a CIA operative? I didn't. Apparently, neither did anyone else, as she was outed by the despicable Mr. Novak.
    2. When is it allowable to "out" a CIA operative? Are they fair game if they are not "undercover?"
    3. What about all of the people who have now been compromised by outing Wilson's wife?
    4. Why are you not bothered by the fact that she was outed?
    5. Why are we not investigating the despicable Mr. Novak? Remember him? He is the one who actually wrote the article.
    6. This is not the first time a certain person leaked information to Mr. Novak, is it?

Whether or not she was "undercover" is totally and completely irrelevant: the simple fact is that she was outed. There are many on this board who continually note that we are at war. Why does it not enrage all of us that this person who worked for the CIA was outed by a despicable reporter? Outing a CIA operative is nothing short of "giving aid and comfort to the enemy."

To quote Bruce Springsteen again:
    "God have mercy on the man who doubts what he's sure of."

Regards,
    BiR (finally back in Richmond, after visiting seven airports in five days)

16. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    BiR, if she was a CIA operative, why doesn't the law cover her? For all we know she was a file clerk. I think that her title was analyst. I think that the law only deals with overseas undercover types but I am not sure.

Wilson misled the public. It is clear now. He was a Republican once but turned Democrat and wrote his failed book.

Even the Democrats are admitting that Novak turned in all of his information. So did Time. That leaves only The New York Times. If they do not cooperate with the prosecutor, then their reporter faces 100 days in jail. This is ironical because the Democrats called for the special prosecutor, who concluded that the law did not cover the case--we assume that he is a Democrat--and then he took after 2 Democrat reporters for perjury. One reporter has been spared by his company. We are now waiting to see what the other company does and we are now waiting to see what the prosecutor concludes from the evidence that he had.

I saw the O'Donnel statement on live tv--maybe I am wrong but I think that he conceded that the only crime was perjury.

What gets me about Wilson is that he was in error in his report anyway--Iraq was trying to buy yellowcake. I am sure that he was just one of many sent to investigate and that his result was allowed for but Wilson acts as if he alone had the truth in the face of overwhelming evidence that he did his job and nothing more.

17. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We have all been taught that perjury is not against the law for politicians, haven't we?

18. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good one, Carpro! It must be okay for New York reporters, also, huh?

19. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

Carl Rove is not thumbing his nose at the constitution, and you fully know that. That makes you a false witness. Deu 19:16-18 Pro 6:19, 12:17, 14:5, 19:9 and many others.

20. TisHerself

TisHerself Guest

Carl Rove is not thumbing his nose at the constitution, and you fully know that. That makes you a false witness. Deu 19:16-18 Pro 6:19, 12:17, 14:5, 19:9 and many others. </font>[/QUOTE]I must say I'm a bit appauled. And nonetheless at myself. My human, knee jerk reaction is to quote verse telling many here not to sit in judgement. That duty is not ours, especially when used against our own brothers. Our righteousness is but filthy rags...