1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Breaking Story! Its Rove!

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by ASLANSPAL, Jul 2, 2005.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, CMG, you made it quite clear in another thread that you seemingly do not have a problem with the despicable Mr. Novak outing Mrs. Wilson, as you continually make the claim that she was some sort of clerk. Did you read the New York Times today? If not, then how about the Drudge Report, who has a link to a story.

From that link.
    [Source: http://www.nytimes.com/2005/07/05/politics/05wilson.html?ei=5065&en=098db82eca21fe76&ex=1121227200&partner=MYWAY&pagewanted=print ]
    That doesn't sound like a clerk to me, CMG. But you have made it clear how you feel about her, so I doubt this will change your mind about anything. As you are constantly claiming that it isn't a crime if they are not "overseas," you probably have no problem with outing her, and not only wiping out her cover but compromising anyone associated with her.

Mrs. Wilson was "one of the good guys" in the war on terror, but I suppose it is okay as long as she wasn't "overseas."

Regards,
    BiR
    </font>[/QUOTE]The same article also says:

"But other former C.I.A. officers say that by 2003 Ms. Wilson's cover was already thin. Any serious inquiry would have revealed that Brewster Jennings was little more than a mailbox. Though she traveled regularly, Ms. Wilson, who speaks French, German and Greek, had been working for some time at agency headquarters in Langley, Va. And her marriage to a senior American diplomat, Mr. Wilson, ended any pretense of having no government ties."

"At that point, she looks, walks and quacks like an overt agency employee," said Fred Rustmann, a C.I.A. officer from 1966 to 1990, who supervised Ms. Wilson early in her career and calls her "one of the best, an excellent officer."

She was not undercover and no law was broken by revealing her name, regardless of who did it or why.

2. TisHerself

TisHerself Guest

If you say so. </font>[/QUOTE]Snappy comeback there, Kenny:)

Hey, you are the one who brought it up and posed it as some stupid thing the left didn't do. If you are going to bring things up I think you should be prepared for people to question what you say. Personally, I don't believe anything I'm told until I check out the facts myself.

Which brings me back to another statement you made. You assume you know why I don't like Bush and you lump me with a group I am not a part of and you were wrong on both counts. Assuming is a very, very bad habit to get into.

I still think Bush is a greedy liar and a theif. He has committed treason by lying to Congress and the American people. He has stolen from us. He has used the Lord's name in vain. Karl "Bush's Brain" Rove is cut from the same cloth. So is Dick "ILoveHalliburton" Cheney. They are all liars and theives and master manipulators who have used God's name to corupt Christianity by fooling God's people.

Prove to me none of them lied and I will reconsider the rest.

3. TisHerself

TisHerself Guest

"She was not undercover and no law was broken by revealing her name, regardless of who did it or why."

HAHAHAHAHA! I've been waiting for the spin! Thanks so much for that;)

If no law was broken and there was no big deal about this, then why all the secrecy until now? Why didn't the administration point all that out before this moment? Too rich I tell you.

4. ASLANSPAL

ASLANSPAL New Member

"She was not undercover and no law was broken by revealing her name, regardless of who did it or why."

[​IMG]

Oh really! then why is there a grand jury and why did Scott McClellan say whoever outed her should
    be fired!

I am amazed how people will coddle treason when it
    happens to be one of there heros...a person who
    intent on dividing this country so he can gain
    some spoils.

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry, my liberal friend, but in these United States a person is considered innocent unless proven guilty.

Your attitude would have fit in quite well with the old Soviet Union under Stalin.

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Prove it. [​IMG] [​IMG]

And such soft, reconciling language from a Christian, TH. :rolleyes:

7. TisHerself

TisHerself Guest

"Oh really! then why is there a grand jury and why did Scott McClellan say whoever outed her should
    be fired!

I am amazed how people will coddle treason when it
    happens to be one of there heros...a person who
    intent on dividing this country so he can gain
    some spoils."

Good stuff there! ;)

"If by the mere force of numbers, a majority should deprive a minority of any clearly written constitutional right, it might, in a moral point of view, justify revolution" - Abraham Lincoln

"Our civil rights have no dependence on our religious opinions, any more than our opinions in physics or geometry" - Thomas Jefferson

He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action. It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder. - Albert Einstein

8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you an outright pacifist, TH? If someone tried to kill you or a loved one would you just stand there and let him do it without trying to defend yourself or your loved one?

9. TisHerself

TisHerself Guest

[​IMG] [​IMG] Prove it. [​IMG] [​IMG]

And such soft, reconciling language from a Christian, TH. :rolleyes:
    </font>[/QUOTE]You should really read a paper once in a while. He told Congress there was a clear and present danger in Iraq and we needed to ignore the UN and go for the jugular.

I know, I know, you are goind to say he was misled. Don't you think a person at that level should be able to discern proper information? Have you looked at all into the creature who provided said information?

As for the stealing... how many billions of dollars is it now? I've lost count. How many contractors submitted quotes for the non-military support of Iraq? Oh, yeah. I forgot... NONE!

How many people do you know that have lost their lives for these lies? Hmmm? My personal count is up to two now and I have two more cousins who are there right now.

Oh, and I couldn't care less how Christian or non-Christian you feel I am being right now since you have taken upon yourself to be so selfrighteous despite how hypocritical you have been. I have the right to behave just like you. Hard to live with yourself?

10. TisHerself

TisHerself Guest

Oh my goodness no! I'm sure I could easily kill with my bare hands if someone threatened me or mine! Have you ever seen a mad momma bear? Well, that would be me! No question in my mind! I play doormat to no one!!!

WHOOOOHOOOO!!!! That's the point, Ken!! Thanks for illustrating it so perfectly!! I couldn't have done better myself!

WE WERE NOT IN DANGER! THERE WERE NO WMD! HUSSEIN HADN'T KILLED ANYONE IN QUITE THE WHILE!!

There were many other options, but unfortunately, Bush and his cronies couldn't make any profit off peaceful means, now could they?

11. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    We would have had to deal with Hussein sooner or later. I am glad that President Bush didn't listen to the whiny liberals but did it sooner.

12. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have a grandnephew who has just arrived in Iraq. My brother and brother-in-law both served in Vietnam. I am well acquainted with having loved ones in dangerous places.

13. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    How do you know how recently that Hussein or his two thuggist sons had killed anyone before we removed them from power?

14. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not at all. My side doesn't keep being repudiated by the voters election after election after election like they do you bunch of losers. ;)

15. TisHerself

TisHerself Guest

Sorry, my liberal friend, but in these United States a person is considered innocent unless proven guilty.

Your attitude would have fit in quite well with the old Soviet Union under Stalin.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Since you have stooped to insulting me, I have to assume that I have won the debate:) Thank you so much for your concession! A lie is a lie regardless of any country's laws. God defines a lie, no one else.

16. TisHerself

TisHerself Guest

Not at all. My side doesn't keep being repudiated by the voters election after election after election like they do you bunch of losers. ;) </font>[/QUOTE]I take great offense to the name calling!

And for about the fourth time today, I am not a democrat.

17. TisHerself

TisHerself Guest

I guess that makes you a warmonger just like your buddy Bushy Boy and his crew of doom.

18. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I never said you are a Democrat. But you are a liberal. And liberals keep losing and losing and losing. [​IMG]

19. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You betcha. [​IMG]

20. TisHerself

TisHerself Guest

How do you know how recently that Hussein or his two thuggist sons had killed anyone before we removed them from power? </font>[/QUOTE]That's the point, Mr. Holierthanthou... no one does, do they? The only one I see doing any killin now is BUSH THE WARMONGER!