1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brett Butler

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Nicholas25, May 5, 2006.

1. Nicholas25

Nicholas25 New Member

Has anyone heard about the condition of former big league centerfielder and current minor league manager, Brett Butler? He was hospitalized late last week after a game because of chest pains. Butler has always been a strong Christian man who has not been afraid to speak about his faith.

2. Convicted by the Spirit

I have not heard this before, He was always one of my favorite players to watch, even though he played for the dodgers. For some very odd reason I thought he got cancer and died. Not sure why I thought that but anyways.

3. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

Former Dodger Brett Butler was discharged from Antelope Valley Hospital on Thursday afternoon after three days of tests to determine the cause of chest pain he experienced this week.

Butler, who manages the Lancaster JetHawks, the California League affiliate of the Arizona Diamondbacks, said Thursday he hopes to resume managing Monday night.

You need to register (free) to read article.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/baseball/mlb/dodgers/la-sp-butler28apr28,1,1713462.story?coll=la-headlines-sports-mlb-dodger

4. Nicholas25

Nicholas25 New Member

That's great to hear, now I wish his team would start winning ball games. I would love to see Butler managing in the big leagues one day.

5. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He had cancer at one point due to smokeless tobacco use. I think he was successfully treated and became an advocate against its use.

I liked him as a Brave... hated the Dodgers but he was always a good guy.

6. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

I hadn't heard that name in a long time. I really liked him though when I was a kid. I always played in the outfield but I think I liked centerfield best and largely because of him.
    Oh, and BTW, I was always a Dodgers fan. :)

Now I only follow the AAA Indianapolis team because I can actually go to the games :)

7. ChurchBoy

ChurchBoy New Member

I believe that Butler is a Christian. I seem to remember reading that some of his teammates (I forgot what team) didn't care for his "semonizing". :tongue3:

8. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

wow, this is the first i've heard about him being in the hospital. That is the type of think i usually would see on the ticker while watching ESPN or any other news network...but didn't.
    He is a pretty big name, so i'm surprised i haven't heard anything about this until now.

9. Nicholas25

Nicholas25 New Member

ChurchBoy

When I started this post on Butler I said that he was a strong Christian man. I read the other day that he is doing fine now health wise but that his team is having a bad season so far.

10. Nicholas25

Nicholas25 New Member

ChurchBoy

I did not mean to post the same thing twice. My bad. :Fish:

#10 Nicholas25, Jun 9, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2006