1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brett Favre retires again.

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by EdSutton, Feb 11, 2009.

1. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Well, I see that Bret Favre has retired yet once again, in the annual ritual.

Uh- how many times does this make where he has decided (or not decided) to retire, now, anyway? :confused:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9206376/Favre-informs-Jets-that-he's-retiring?MSNHPHMA

Ed

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

He'll unretire in June, and play for the Vikings.

3. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is a new thread? OHhhhhh... I thought someone new posted to last years's "Favre retires" thread. :laugh: :tonofbricks:

4. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It would be interesting if Philadelphia and McNabb do not resolve their differences afterall, and that's where he unretires to next. That or another NFC North team besides the Packers; especially if it's Chicago.

5. CoJoJax

CoJoJax New Member

22 touchdowns, 22 interceptions, no playoffs.

Was it worth it?

6. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, for 12 million, ....

7. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

12 Million of these reasons [​IMG]

is a nice round number of reasons, I'd say. :thumbsup: :D

Ed

8. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

I'm pretty sure that it's in his contract with the Jets that if he unretires and lands with another team in the NFC North that that team would get a couple of high draft picks. If he does unretire, I think he'll go to a warm weather team like the Buccaneers. Old QBs plus cold weather don't go well together.

9. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then maybe he'll wait for the schedules to come out and make his unretirement decision based on LAGNoTAS-- Least Amount of Games North of Tupelo After September.

10. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Actually, I did think about it, and really would have liked to do so, but simply didn't have the time at that moment to dig it out, so I started a new one, instead. ;)

Ed

11. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

The Jets own his rights so he couldn't just un-retire and play for another team unless the Jets released him or traded his rights away.

I seem to remember that when the Jets traded for him they were to be awarded a pick from the Packers if Farve retired again after one season. Anyone else remember that, maybe a fourth rounder?

One thing is for sure, Farve really messed up the Jets. You just know that when they met with him prior to last season he probably indicated there was a good chance he intended to be back this season. They now have traded for a guy who quit after one season, released the starter they did have who went on to lead the Dolphins in a huge turn season around and into the playoffs. They have really taken a step back by choosing to go with Farve. For their sake I hope they get a good player with the pick I believe they will be getting back from the Packers.

12. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

I'm not so sure that "Favre really messed up the Jets" as much as Favre's injury, which was apparently somewhat worse than anyone let on, messed up the Jets season.

Does anyone really think that either Pittsburgh or Arizona would have played in this year's Super Bowl, had Kurt Warner or Ben Rothlisberger had an arm injury that was basically concealed, in that same manner??

Certainly, I'm not saying that the Jets would have made the Super Bowl, had Favre not been injured, but there is a simple fact in pro football. Any player is only one 'major' injury between not even playing, perhaps to the point of a permanent injury or playing at a reduced level, and a banner winning season. And QB is the most significant position, in that regard. Don't believe that?? Look at NE without Tom Brady, this year, for Exhibit "A" in that. Even look at GB, from last year to this one. Last year - one play from the SB title; this year, after the injury to Aaron Rodgers, who, while no Brett Favre, was still playing fairly decently prior to his injury, the pits. After that injury to Rodgers, he became much more inconsistent and the wheels fell off, overall, for they seemed no longer able to win the close ones, for whatever additional reasons. Outside of the two games with the hapless Lions, they won only 4 additional games.

Ed

#12 EdSutton, Feb 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2009
  13. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

You completely missed my point. It has nothing to do with his getting injured or how they finished the season. The Jets are severely set back because he quit on them just one season after they traded for him and then cut Pennington because of that.

#13 Steven2006, Feb 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2009