1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

British Sailors To Be Freed Today

Discussion in '2007 Archive' started by Martin, Apr 4, 2007.

1. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has announced that he has pardoned the British sailors and will release them today. If this goes through I think it is a testament to the way Tony Blair handled this situation. I am afraid, were these American troops, Bush would not have handled the situation so well. This turn of events does not surprise me at all though. Iran, for the past few days, has acted as if it wanted to find a way out of this situation.

"Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has said his country will free the 15 captured UK sailors and marines as a "gift" to Britain.
    He said they would be released after a news conference currently being held in the capital Tehran." -SOURCE

#1 Martin, Apr 4, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2007
  2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pardoned? :laugh:

3. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree but that's what he said...:rolleyes: .

4. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Yet again, there was absolutely no attempt, feigned or otherwise, to bow to the Geneva convention. Only America and her close friends have saddled themselves with its charters.

I don't know what GB should do, but some well placed tactical weapons ought to be considered that could be tossed on the heads of these folks, as some sort of warning against this behavior in the future.

Pardoned my foot

#4 hillclimber1, Apr 4, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2007
  5. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

"We pardon you for our acts of piracy"

What magnamamous fellows.