1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brittney Spears Conversion?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Bro Tony, Mar 4, 2004.

1. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

Several weeks ago there was a topic about B Spears going to a church and being converted and making a commitment to Christ.

Last night her concert tour was here in Phoenix, and while I did not and would not go the radio talk stations are talking about it this morning. It seems that for more than 70 percent of the concert she was dressed in nothing more than seductive lingerie. She also sang a song about touching herself in a way to bring sexual satisfaction. When questioned about this she stated this was a new part of her life and she was going to explore it fully. :(

This is sad. Where is the conversion? Where is the changed heart that transforms one's behavior? How I would have hoped that she genuinely had received the Lord. Sadly, there seems to be no evidence of that occurring.
    [​IMG]
    Bro Tony

2. Spirit and Truth

Spirit and Truth New Member

She was hanging out with Madonna and practicing kabbalah [mysticism] last I heard. It is a slippery slope, by her choosing.

3. Tim

Tim New Member

Bro. Tony,

What's this? Are you living in the Dark Ages? Don't you realize that people today can make a committment to Christ without renouncing sin, or even false religion?

Get with it, bro.!

Tim

4. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

Tim,

I really am trying to get with it. I just can't seem to get with the times where people wink at sin and make a folly of Christ's sacrifice. I guess I better go back to school and see if I can be brought up to date of modern theology.

Thanks for waking me up ;)

Bro Tony

5. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

No forgiveness without repentance!!

No repentance = no new life!! Which means its the same ole Britney!!

Brother David

6. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

I don't know what's going on with Brittany Spears and I don't know what happened at the concert.

Maybe she's a Christian now, maybe not. Again, I don't know.

However, is it possible, just possible, that she has become a Christian but is still making some of the same mistakes so many of us did when we were babes in Christ?

I look back now at some of the things I did and I can only shake my head in embarrassment and thank God that He was kind enough to surround me with patient, more mature Christians who were there to help me grow in the grace and knowledge of the Lord.

Wouldn't it be great if we could be those people for Brittany instead of gossipping about her?

So far I've seen five posts condemning her but not one that says, "I'm praying for her."

Can anyone tell me what's wrong with this picture?

7. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

Mike,

The original post is not to condemn, but was posted with great sadness. Here again we continue gloss over the real issue it is not just about Brittney, but the easy believism in the church that does not lead to a changed life. I do pray for Brittney, I also pray for the nieve who think that being a Christian makes no difference in ones life. I assume you don't believe that. I think it would be better for those in the public arena to grow and be discipled before making public statements.

Bro Tony

8. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's called do as I say and not do as I do. IOW - double standard. Yes, we need to pray for others like Brittney and Mel. We used to be the same way. So, we have no business casting stones.

9. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

10. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

I'm sure that's true but when you post things like

...about someone you don't even know, that tends to generate much more heat than light.

But remember that she didn't make a public statement. She was "outed".

11. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Ain't nobody casting stones! Remember reading in the gospels---John the Baptist was there in muddy Jordan over in Luke 3??? What did John say to those folks wanting to be baptized???

verse 7--"Then said he to the multitude that came forth to be baptized of him, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath of God? Bring forth therefore fruits worthy of repentance, and begin not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, That God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham. And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: every tree therefore which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire."

I see no casting stones here!

But I see a man telling the multitude----fruits will accompany repentance!

12. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

She has previously stated that she was a Christian. Even taking the stand as the poster child for abstinence. Those who are in the public eye do have a responsibility to live according to their testimony. In that we are all capable of failing and falling, there is also the need to confess that and be broken over our failures. I have never met alot of people, ie. David Koresh, Jim Jones, Madonna, but their lives clearly speak volumes about their supposed faith.

13. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But in this passage, John was addressing the self righteous pharisees (who thought they were doing it all right and had it all together) and the like, not the average everyday sinner.

14. zucchini

zucchini New Member

I think we can say that at best (by her fruit) she is in rebellion, but in all likelihood she never was saved.

Instead of just cursing the darkness to those of us who can see the darkness, let's each take a moment and pray that the Lord might yet reach her and bring her to repentance.

Isn't that our greatest hope?

In Christ,
    Dave

15. Jailminister

Jailminister New Member

Remember, some here think that even Bono is a Christian. If he is then I am sure Brittany, Madonna, Boy George, Rosie O'donnel, Elton George, etc. are all Christians too.

16. Spirit and Truth

Spirit and Truth New Member

Jailminister:

Remember, some here think that even Bono is a Christian.

S&T:

He is a Christian....he's a new age Christian. You have got to get up to speed on this JM. Can't we just all get along?

17. Jailminister

Jailminister New Member

I know, I guess I will have to by me one of them new fangal bibles and grow my hair out and start running around on my wife, smoking dope and listening to heavy metal music. That way I will fit in with the new church.

18. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

Although I cannot speak for everyone, I know that Bono has claimed to be a Christian on numerous occasions.

I have never heard Madonna profess to being born again.
    I could say the same for Boy George.
    I do not know anything about Rosie.
    I am unfamiliar with Elton George. If you are referring to Elton John, then I have never heard him profess to be a Christian.

I think that if he is indeed a Christian, he has much for which to answer. But then again, all of us are in the same predicament, aren't we?

I was actually thinking about you today, Jailminister. I trust that God is blessing you and your family.

19. Jailminister

Jailminister New Member

B in R, my point is that you can't tell any differnce between these(I think it should have been Elton John). There should be a differnce between the world and a Christian.

Thanks for thinking about me. My 17 year old daughter is going thru chemotherapy right now, so your prayers are appreciated.

20. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

Jailminister,

You and your family are in my prayers.

Lord,

Be with my brother and his precious daughter. I pray you give strength and encouragement to this family today. I would ask that your mighty presence would uphold them in this hour. Give them faith to trust You in all things, and use for your glory all that they are going through. Poor out your grace on this young lady and make yourself known to her. Lord, we trust you and stand in your Word. In Jesus Name,
    Amen