1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brokaw and Rose Admit They Don't Know Much About Obama.

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Ps104_33, Nov 2, 2008.

1. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

This is funny to watch and yet sad at the same time. They know absolutely nothing about the messiah and yet the both of them as well as millions of other dupes will vote for him simply because he is promising to soak the rich.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzMas1bVidw

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  3. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

If you are expecting to make an informed vote this time around and have relied on the main stream press for it, you are not as informed as you should be. It takes work to become informed and it seems that Brokaw needs to go back to his rocker. At least the rocker motion is work. It is apparent that he is not doing his job as a journalist.

Go back to retirement Tom.

4. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I know this thread isn't about Palin but we've known her less than two months, haven't read her autobiography and also haven't heard her expound on foreign policy matters yet some are content giving her the keys to the white house.

There has been many other presidents over time who we elected without knowing their foreign policy views such as Bush, Clinton, Carter.

Why do we have this double standard? Why is Obama being held to a different measuring stick?

Does race have anything to do with this?

5. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is apparent that MOST modern journalists have no concept of the basic requirements of their job.

6. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

It might be For you. However for me it has everything to do with his views on abortion, gay rights, gun control, taxation, government spending and then foreign policy.

7. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Drop the race card. It is unnecessary. Alan keys would make a better President than the two of them combined. Add to that he is a constitutional expert.

While I still think Palin and McCain are libs it can be said that we do know Palins record of achievments. That cannot be said of Obama. He has achieved little if anything.

8. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

None of which was discussed in the OP link and none has to do with the sarcastic remark, Messiah. You oppose him on issues which is perfectly your right.

9. targus

targus New Member

Then don't take us off topic.

No. What this is about is so called journalists shilling for Obama for over a year and then at the end admitting that they don't know anything about the guy.

10. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

That is my point, we know two months of what was said she achieved and most of those are stretched talking points. For instance, the $40 Billion pipeline is really $26 Billion and hasn't been approved by Canada so is not a done deal. How does she get credit? It was started on her predecessors watch. There was the bridge and the claim she's a reformer with almost $300 Million of earmarks in her 2009 budget. We also know she has an ethics violation and doesn't appear to know much about how the federal government works to include the 2nd amendment and the VP role in the Senate.

Yet for some reason she right away gets a thumb up and the housekeeping seal of approval while a top Harvard law grad, two term state Senator is considered to have achieved "little if anything". Is seem "she's ok because she's one of us"?

Alan Keys isn't running on the national level so I can see how easily and broadly he's accepted but if you can embrace him then I guess race isn't an issue with you. I don't think you can speak for everyone.

11. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Not according to the OP.

So we're talking about people who support and will vote for a person they don't know much about based on promises with no substance. That makes Palin fair game and a good comparison. That fact that you don't see the comparison being equal further illuminates how right I am.

12. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Blaoney. She has served for a number of years beyond Obama. Her record is quite extenisve. Obama's is well.....a community organizer. Alan keys is running on the National level. He is on the ballot in Florida. Poor little libs. Trying so hard to hold on to their ungodly stronghold of playing the race card. But admit it. You all can see that stronghold fading fast.

13. targus

targus New Member

Ahhh... there we go. And he plays the race card.

If you don't support Obama then you must be a racist.

Then to be consistent... since you don't support Palin you must be a misogynist.

Hmmm... that would explain a lot of your hate filled ranting posts.:saint:

14. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

What record is extensive?

She was Mayor of a town that didn't have a police department and governor of a state with fewer people than our city. And even then, she rarely showed up at her office. She's there so seldom people on her staff wear buttons that ask, ‘Where’s Sarah?"

She hired lobbyist as Mayor to bring in the earmarks yet she is an accomplished "reformer" that's going to shake up Washington. And what quite extensive is not inflated on her record? Sounds like you're giving her credit for things set in motion before she took office.

15. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

No, I played the card because of the double standard. Not supporting Obama because his political views differ from yours is what elections are all about. To give a person on the national scene 2 or 3 days a seal of approval then say we don't know one whose been on the scene for two years smells fishy... don't it?

16. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pathetic. Times are hard when you trot out nothing like this.

17. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

It is pathetic, the way people whose known her less than two months worship her like she's,,, well, just short of the Messiah. :thumbs:

18. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Really? So explain the difference between basic support and "worship" I wouldnt even vote for her. She is to liberal. But her experience far exceeds Obama's. So back to worship. Just how is she worshipped?

19. targus

targus New Member

Why can't the double standard that you claim to see be due to party affiliation?

Why do you ascribe it to racism?

Did you support Clarence Thomas?

If not then you too must be a racist by your logic.

But don't worry, I don't think that you are a racist.

But you are a card carrying member of the "He-man Women Hater's Club" aren't you?:laugh:

Alfalfa for President!!

20. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Now there is a man for the job. He has the ears to match, why I even believe he can wiggle his. Obama probably doesn't even have that experience. :laugh:

Surely Brokaw knows Alfalfa. :type: