1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brought to the Cross over email...

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by j_barner2000, Jun 26, 2003.

1. j_barner2000

j_barner2000 Member

Today, at work, a sales rep that I support asked me if he should be baptized again. He is a Catholic and was baptized as a young child. His girlfriend (don't think she is a Baptist) told him he needs to be baptized again to "get the Holy Spirit". Needless to say, I began explaining my belief regarding the Holy Spirit and baptism. Finally we got to discussing grace and works. and Christ being the only way to come to Heaven. The whole who is qualified to forgive your sins etc. It took about an hour, but he asked me how to get it right with the Lord. I have known this man for almost 3 years, and when he said he did it, i believe he did. God is awesome. I told him to find a good Southern Baptist church and get himself baptized to show publicly that he is a new Christian.

2. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

Excellent. Helping him find a church would be a good thing also, maybe your pastor has a contact over there?

3. j_barner2000

j_barner2000 Member

I have looked at the sbc.net website. I will send him the address to a good SBC. the only thing is his fiance is of a more charismatic belief, so....

4. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Wow! Praise the Lord! And whatever the belief of his fiance, at least he's heaven bound NOW!

Way to Go!
    Diane

5. j_barner2000

j_barner2000 Member

I was more surprised than anything. I read the thread about witnessing on the web and was thinking it was possible but not probable. God surely told me something. I will not forget just who our Creator is again (or at least for a little while :D )