1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brown Takes One More Tooth From the Mouth of Law Enforcement...

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Oct 14, 2011.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    SEE: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/14/u...reduce-number-of-impounded-vehicles.html?_r=1

Our beloved (recycled) governor has pulled one more tooth from the mouth of law enforcement with the latest bill forbidding the impounding of cars for those stopped at DUI checkpoints not possessing a valid, current California Drivers License.

This law (impounding unlicensed drivers cars) was a very effective one, but, now these folks will be allowed to drive their "beater" away from the DUI checkpoint and continue down the road, WITHOUT a license.

Does this make any sense? Not really, because if a person does not have a current/valid license, or any license when stopped, even if they're given a ticket, how can the persons address be verified in order to go after them when they don't show up in court to pay the fine?

All that Brown has accomplished is making this ticket as about important as a parking ticket. One more piece of trash to toss in the glove compartment, on the floor of the car, or in the car trash bag!

Stay out of California folks, it is slowly, but, surely becoming one of the most lawless states in the union. :laugh:

2. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

While I am totally against making laws that support illegals I am afraid that what you have written is incorrect. The unlicensed driver does not get to drive off in the vehicle. The driver is given an opportunity to contact someone who is licensed to drive the vehicle away. If no one can be found within a pre-determined time then the vehicle is impounded and the owner still has to pay to get it out. This sounds like a reasonable law unless I am missing something here. Now I would add that perhaps the driver should be jailed instead of ticked but that too is up to each locality. Please correct me if I am wrong about what the article states.

By the way I do agree that CA has some very bad laws as I have lived there, but so does Texas in regards to illegals under our current Gov.

3. billwald

billwald New Member

The problem is driver's licenses and insurance laws. Drop the laws, post every freeway "enter at your own risk," and the problem will solve itself.

4. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for Catching that...

....apparently I missed that, and you are correct in pointing it out. Still, the fact that the governor is taking one more tool out of the tool belt of law enforcement is the gradual weakening of an already weak system of laws that are continuously being tipped in favor of the illegal aliens.

Billwald, whom I often disagree with, hit it on the head! Sign need to be posted not only at freeway entranances, but, on all roads and thoroughfares, to drive" at your own risk! :tear: