1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Browser Programming

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by Don, Jan 2, 2007.

1. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have a business idea, but I'm not a programmer per se. I know there's basic customization you can do with browsers, such as put your company logo in the top left corner, change icons, etc.

I have a business concept in mind, but I'm not sure of the feasibility. Utilizing the Google Ads concept, I want to customize a browser that publishes local area advertisements, coupons, etc.

For example, when you sign up with Cox for cable internet, they offer you a customized browser; said browser receives advertising pushes from Cox, who solicits local businesses (resturaunts, auto dealerships, water purifiers, etc.) and places the paid advertisements into a database. Could include coupons, "say you saw this on such-and-such a date for 10% off," etc.

The difference between this and Google Ads is that it's targeted at local businesses.

Anyone able to tell me if I'm shooting too far to the left?

2. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Sounds good, Don, but you might want to check with Cox, as well as the advertisers, and get their permission.