1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brunnstrom scores 3 goal in NHL debut

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by KenH, Oct 16, 2008.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    For only the third time in NHL history has a rookie scored a hat trick in his NHL debut.

Go Stars!

Brunnstrom scores 3 goals in NHL debut

DALLAS (AP)—Maybe Fabian Brunnstrom’s record-tying NHL debut earned him a more permanent role in the Dallas Stars’ lineup.

Brunnstrom scored three goals in his first NHL game to match the league record, Mike Modano had two goals and the Stars beat the Nashville Predators 6-4 on Wednesday night for Dallas’ first victory of the season.

The Stars outbid several NHL teams in May to sign the skilled Swedish left wing, but Brunnstrom was a healthy scratch in Dallas’ first two games.

Brunnstrom insisted he wasn’t upset at the snub and proved it, breaking a 4-4 tie with 3:25 left when he struck from close range off a feed from Brad Richards.

The Swede became the third player in NHL history to score a hat trick in his first game, joining Alex Smart of the Montreal Canadiens (Jan. 14, 1943) and Real Cloutier of the Quebec Nordiques (Oct. 10, 1979).

“I wanted to play and be part of the team, but this team has really good players so you have to earn your spot,” Brunnstrom said. “I felt comfortable out there from the start. It was fun, but the most important thing was that we won the game.”

- http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/recap;_ylt=AjK_JPDC5qeVN2HW4A1szRx7vLYF?gid=2008101509&prov=ap

2. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Yeah...lighting up my Preds and Dan Ellis in the process. Rub it in :tonofbricks: