1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brunson Called

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by dh1948, Feb 19, 2006.

1. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

A church's growth is directly related to its ability to love. People do not love because a pastor loves them but because they know and understand God loves them. My love for people has nothing to do with the pastor of the church I attend. It has everything to do with the fact that God loved me first and continues to love me. Loving people is conditioned upon my response to God.

2. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Reading this reminds me of the man who visited a church and was looking for friends and found none. He decided to return with a changed attitude. He decided to become a friend and he found them all over the place.

3. teachermom

teachermom New Member

"Time of course will tell, but it seems like Mac was sort of our "Moses" (remember how much the Israelites grumbled after being taken out of Egypt? ) and now we are awaiting a "Joshua"."

Well said. I agree completely.

4. computerjunkie

computerjunkie New Member

I don't know much about the "politics" of FBC Dallas, other than I would imagine there is some since Criswell was there for so long, and Mrs. C is still there.

HOWEVER...

I will definitely miss hearing Mac on KCBI (radio) every Sunday morning. I attend my own church, but I listen to the beginning of his sermon as I am getting ready to go, and am driving to my church. I listen to the end of his sermon as I am driving home! [​IMG] (He doesn't preach THAT long...but they have 3 services. I listen to the early service on my way to church, and the late service on the way home. [​IMG] )

This morning's sermon was just outstanding, and I plan to order a CD of it. teachermom, I guess you were there? His sermon was from Acts and was about how, in a time of change, the people CAME TOGETHER TO PRAY. My church is in somewhat of a transition also, and it was so applicable to not only FBC Dallas, but my church as well.

FBC Jax has their worship services live on their website, but it's the same time I'm in my own church, so I guess I won't be hearing him after next week. :(

Great analogy!

CJ

5. teachermom

teachermom New Member

Great analogy!

CJ
    </font>[/QUOTE]I was definitely there. And I got my CD right after the service. It was truly outstanding. It would be very helpful for anyone whose church is in transition. It will be on the website at www.firstdallas.org for one week. They used to archive lots of sermons, but now everything is just there for a week and then replaced by the new week's sermon.

First Dallas is going to come together to pray on the evening of March 12. I hope that it is unstructured like the illustration he gave this morning. We need a Spirit led prayer meeting.

I think I'm going to see if First Jacksonville has a subscription service for their CDs and order one each week. Mac may no longer be my pastor, but I think I still need to hear what God has to say through him.