1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bryan Loritts accuses white reformers of being racist??

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Christos doulos, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Christos doulos

Christos doulos New Member

http://www.fellowshipmemphis.org/bryanloritts/?p=134

I do believe he just referred to those few blacks (moi), who fully embrace the reformed faith...errrrr....or should I say,"white idolization" as "uncle toms"

#1 Christos doulos, Jan 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2012
  2. Mark_13

Mark_13 New Member

I think it would only be racist if the whites told the blacks "We'll let your doctrinal aberrations slide because you're black".

3. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

isn't the person calling reformed racists also guilty of same thing that he accuses white reformed of being?

4. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am REALLY tired of blacks picking on each other because some might be considered too white!

What is wrong with agreeing to a principle, doctrine, view, political platform, because it is right and not by who may or may not be associated.

I honestly think that among the black community there are more racists than the contemporary whites. The typical racist black has no regard for the high educational achievement that some in their race have made, and yet are some of the first to point to black high achievers of the past as put down by the white.

I sure am glad Christ bled red blood!

5. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

As far back as we can go, blacks have always embraced the Reformed Faith.

But is there such a thing as theological imperialism? Yes.

6. Christos doulos

He should know better that that. There are blacks who would consider him a "tom" because he worships a "white" Jesus.

7. Christos doulos

UPDATE: It seems Bryan Loritts took down his blog. I pray that he didn't take it down because of the flak he received, but that the Holy Spirit convicted him and his heart was changed.

Here is his piece in The Christian Post in cased you missed it.

Reformed Crowd Asked to Repent for Attacking TD Jakes

http://www.christianpost.com/news/reformed-crowd-asked-to-repent-for-attacking-td-jakes-68072/

#7 Christos doulos, Feb 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2012
  8. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

What is intersting in this is that TD Jakes actually teaches God is Modualistic, as he belongs to church that holds that God has been father/Son.HS at different times, same person, different name!