1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brzezinski: US must stop following Israel “like a stupid mule”

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by poncho, Nov 28, 2012.

1. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "...the United States is not technically an ally of Israel’s. Giraldi writes that “to be an ally requires an agreement in writing that spells out the conditions and reciprocity of the relationship. Israel has never been an ally of any country because it would force it to restrain its aggressive behavior, requiring consultation with its ally before attacking other nations. It is also unable to define its own borders, which have been expanding ever since it was founded in 1948. Without defined borders it is impossible to enter into an alliance because most alliances are established so that one country will come to the aid of another if it is attacked, which normally means having its territorial integrity violated. Since Israel intends to continue expanding its borders it cannot commit to an alliance with anyone and has, in fact, rebuffed several bids by Washington to enter into some kind of formal arrangement.”..."
    http://home.comcast.net/~transparentcabal/

2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We may disagree at times kyredneck, but in the interest of fairness and clarity I've never seen you post a hateful remark about Israel. You certainly post things disagreeing with Israel's policies and your disagreement of evangelical's support of Israel, but hate? I haven't seen it. Sometimes people see what they want to see rather than what is actually there. I've been branded a liberal and an Obama supporter, merely because I support a tax increase on those that make $500,000 or more so long as the tax revenue is applied to deficit reduction.

3. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you for your assessment ITL, and, in all fairness to you I've never considered you to be either extreme right or extreme left but pretty level headed and make your own mind up about things and I know you've done your research about topics in the past. You have my empathy, and I've no doubt you'll handle it... :)