1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Buddhism

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Oct 24, 2014.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You know the answer to this question.

2. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well off the gymn and then back to read. I also found a good gospel tract in my boxes of about 5,000 tracts I did not notice before that seems directly aimed at false teachers and their teachings coming from Satan. I need to send this tract to a chosen false teacher and false church. The tract is quite condemning of them, but I also will peach a grace message as well so they know they need to repent of their wickedness. But without the work of the Holy Spirit opening the false teacher to reason and looking at the scriptures, any ordinary false teacher would toss this particular tract in the trash.

3. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    A true child is a true child...but I agree with you that both reason and emotion is involved. My comments were about demons hating reason or a classical education. This is where we disagree. People have rational reasons for rejecting Christ. I've seen instances where the evil one had snatched away what had been sown...and by reason. Apart from the Holy Spirit, reason is never the means to salvation....and I'd add, reason is not the crux of salvation either. So I don't believe that "devils" or demons hate reason. In fact, there are many churches today that rely on reason rather than faith, and in these instances perhaps the enemy uses that reason against the Church.

BTW, Crabtownboy is absolutely right that Buddhism was not intended to be a religion as much as a philosophy for life. Perhaps this is why it is very adaptive.

#43 JonC, Oct 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2014
  4. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then we can agree. Yes faith is VITAL and churches that are all intellectual with no emphasis on the Holy Spirit and living the Christian life are dead zones. In fact I am writing letters to such churches which are known as Anglicans, Catholics, Eastern Orthodox, and other liberal christianity circles. To them its all reason, and no faith. ON the other extreme is the Charismatic movement where its all emotion and no reason.

5. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, I do; but I don't know YOUR answer to this. You said that demons don't like reason; then you described a person that didn't want to reason. Was that person a demon? If so, does that mean people are demons, or that demons are people?

6. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Guess I got a steal. HELL ON TRIAL $5.75 VERY GOOD and that included shipping.

7. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I have no idea! Devils can appear as people and can posses people or influence people. Or perhaps it was the depravity of the individual that prevented him. Regardless it did hot appear he was of the elect. I witness to all and let God work on the hearts of the lost. Who knows perhaps that man will later get saved.

8. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist

Did Saul appear to the apostolic church as part of the elect?

9. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you. The thing to remember is that we shouldn't get hung up on demons. It's too easy to start viewing people, or even ourselves, as victims...because we can always blame something else for our shortcomings. "None of it was really my fault, because I was possessed." Or, as has been pointed out by many on this board before, Flip Wilson's favorite "Geraldine" line: "The devil made me do it." The fact of the matter is, we made the choice to allow those things into our lives. Allowing an excuse of demons takes away any personal responsibility for the sinful actions in our lives.

10. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How many times must you renege on your oft-repeated claims to not buy any more books?

11. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I remember the very first week that I spent in South Korea back in 1998. There was a large picture on the front page of rival Buddhists gangs fighting one another with tire irons.

I visited a few Buddhist "parks" I called them. Folks had offered up food on an altar and were praying to Buddha. I wanted to take a picture but was warned not to.

Siddhartha Gautama apparently abandoned his wife and child to find the middle way. He doesn't sound like a very morally responsible man.

12. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Its been a month and I have turned down FREE book offers so I am getting better.

13. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Free is not the same as buy.

14. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Or donate to get a book. Get those offers all the time.

15. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is the most nonsensical thread I have read in a long, long time.

16. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wonder who started the thread....Oh...

17. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now be reasonable, because we all know that:

18. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is a religion based upon the Golden payj, that there are I believe 7 things all must do to break the Karmic cycle...

They hold to no personal God, as Buddha himself did not clim to be a god, nor sure of after life, just that he was able to be a guide to teach others how to live...

Hold to karma, whicj means to atone and pay for prior sins in another life, and once reincanated enough times, can escape wheel of Life, and go into "whatever"

Their terminology and concepts foreign to Gospel, need to address area of sin and atonement///

19. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Thank you Yeshua for your Christ like response and attitude as it's one that needs modeling for most on this board.

I remember the time I posted several pics of Jack Rabbits and told you to go chase them or spend your quality time with a rabbit. I apologize for that as I was not showing kindness and Christ in my response.

20. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would send or give a Scripture portion to a Buddhist in a heartbeat, and have done so hundreds of times. The Bible is spiritually an incredibly powerful book, and I have known a Buddhist who became a Christian simply by reading one. We have just had 100,000 copies printed of John and Romans in our new Japanese translation, and are praying that many Buddhists will be saved through it. Plus, most Buddhists admire Jesus and would like to read about Him.
    Buddhists don't really have holy books, and it might be argued that the very concept of holiness is foreign to Buddhism. What they do have are sutras, supposedly wise sayings bY enlightened humans.

#60 John of Japan, Oct 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2014