1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Buddhistic reincarnation in Tibet

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by church mouse guy, Feb 13, 2006.

1. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I realize our flesh bodies are nothing more than a dead rotting piece of meat when we're done with it. My preoccupation here is the mind and reasoning behind this method. If that's what they need for closure...w-e-l-l...OK!

We aren't talking about a Christian's loved one here, I hope, and I think there was some respect taught for the dead for us.

2. Johnv

Johnv New Member

To them, this IS respect for the dead. It's subjective. Some folks find cremation completely disgusting and disrespectful. Since it's my estate that is going to pick up the tab for my cremation, I'm going to reuest they hurry it up a bit so as not to inccur overtime ;)

I'd much rather my left behind estate be enjoyed by my children, and not my mortuary.

3. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, to me the most sickening thing is not the physical part, but the idolatrous part. Reincarnation, and therefore both the Tibetan and Japanese ceremonies, ignores the true God and puts the emphasis on man.

Buddhist reincarnation is actually an attempt by man to become God. In most of Japanese Buddhism the assumption is that the dead person becomes a hotoke, or a "buddha." That dead person is then prayed to, offered to and generally worshipped, sometimes daily for many years. The process continues for many years, with the Buddhist priests making big bucks on the anniversary ceremonies, etc. It's a very sad setup to a Christian missionary. :(

4. JackRUS

JackRUS New Member

Hmmm... that reminds me...

"I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left.
    Two women shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
    Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
    And they answered and said unto him, Where, Lord? And he said unto them, Wheresoever the body is, thither will the eagles be gathered together." Luke 17:34-37 (the 'eagles' being vultures here)

Fulfilled in...

"And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come
    and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;
    That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on
    them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great." Rev. 19:17-18

5. Bob Farnaby

Bob Farnaby Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is the truly sickening part, and a reflection of this is often followed by supposed christians in their elabourate and ornate funeral and burial arrangements.

Regards
    Bob