1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Burger and Bread Experiment

Discussion in 'Health and Wellness' started by Johnv, Dec 15, 2009.

1. donnA

donnA Active Member

good work johnv

2. Spinach

Spinach New Member

I've been faithfully following this thread, as I apreciate geekiness. However, your level of burger geekiness has my utmost respect. I could never do anything so nasty. Except for maybe experimenting with manure tea, but that had benefits. LOL!

And why, when I read the last word of your last post, did I picture a cocky Mythbuster's style "BUSTED!"?!

Snort.

3. Johnv

Johnv New Member

[​IMG]
    Probably because I LOVE Mythbusters. My son and I watch that show fervently. Not only is it great bonding time between the two of us, it's also educational, informative, and entertaining. Plus, when they blow something up in HD, it looks awesome!!

4. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In my hamburger experiment, in which the samples where left in the garage, the burger and bun are now looking petrified. Admittedly the experiment was flawed because of several reasons, including the dry and cool conditions in the garage. Example: the “wholesome” piece of bread I put out there did not decay either, yet the norm for that bread left out of the freezer and left in the bag would certainly have spoiled. The French fries look a little dry but I imagine if one would put them in the micro for a minute or two the McDonalds connoisseur would barley note the difference; the raw potato I added changed to gray.

Nothing has changed of my opinion that good and wholesome food should generally decay or in my concerns about fast food processing, that was my only point and I have no reason to not believe the 12 year old McDonalds hamburger does exist and appreciate the efforts used through that prop to point out to people that they should be more conscientious about stuffing their guts with what is supplied by the fast food industry (note: I do not call it a restaurant… no can do).

Regardless, if attempting to continue the experiment with using various conditions and more depth I suspect somewhere down the line there would be a notable difference in decay between what the fast food industry offers and the more wholesome ingredients I would use. I’m thinking of keeping my sample and glass casing it to use as a deterrent against fast food junkies and see it as a value for the purpose of at least getting their wheels turning.

5. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Translation: regardless of the facts, you're going to believe what I'm going to believe.

If it is your contention that spoiling is a qualification for wholesome food, then you should by your own reckoning conclude that a McDonald's Quarter Pounder is wholesome.
    There's no proof that it does.
    Translation: you're ignoring the fact that there' no proof and dismissing the claimant's own evidence which refutes her own claim.

#25 Johnv, Jan 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2010
  6. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nah, I ain't going to believe what you believe. "Your" "facts" seem rather pointless to me. :sleeping_2:

7. donnA

donnA Active Member

to me, john showed that fast food burger or home made burger, either one will last or rot about the same. menaing if your going to eat a high fat burger might as well have a fast food burger. if your concerned about what your putting in your body you will only make your own from the leanest ground beef. and that burger only better for you because of the less fat. I'll go with johns facts.

8. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Pretty much. Whether a burger is homemade or fast food, it's still bad for you to the same extent. The anser isn't to blame the food industry for what we eat, it's to blame ourselves for what we eat. IMO, if one wants to increase one's health, don't eat burgers (homemade or fast food) as much, and choose healthier options, such as fruit and veggies. More importantly, one should increase one's physical activity. The rate of morbid obesity isn't much less among vegeterians as it is in meat eaters. A vegan that overeats and doesn't excercise will still be fat.

9. donnA

donnA Active Member

there you go, personal responsibility, some would rather blame others and keep eating. we are responsible for what we eat or how much we eat.

10. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Fantastic! I'll see you at the gym at 5:00 today. Just look for the guy cursing the stairclimber. That will be me. :wavey:

11. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That’s true about personal responsibility, but that fact doesn’t negate the responsibility of the FF industry's ploys which push junk on our nutritionally uneducated society, nor should it condone pacifism toward that industry and its responsibility in any logical sense. I, for one, will continue to step up and call out the industry for what it is.

12. Johnv

Johnv New Member

No one forces anyone to visit a fast food establishment, or any other eating establishment.

Yet you will continue to deny your own adopting of the entitlement mentality.