1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Burris has stained hands

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by LeBuick, Jan 2, 2009.

1. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/01/02/report-burris-drew-criticism-prosecuting-innocent-man/

2. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

So his hands are stained because he made a mistake? It sounds as though he was not alone.... because there was a court and a jury, a judge and a trial involved. Its not that rare that employees disagree with the boss..... but that doesn't mean they are always right or that he is always wrong. The important information regarding this case is highlighted in the following:

Eleven years is a long time to serve as an innocent man, particularly on death row: Thank God he was exonerated: But we have no idea what is in God's plan when such things take place..... but we judge based upon our own experience.

But the prosecution has the responsibility to try to prove for a conviction after the police have investigated and identified a suspect and evidence. All we have is the disgruntled employee's word suggesting evidence was withheld but nothing concerning the quality of the evidence. Cruz's own defense had a responsibility to request full disclosure of all witnesses, evidence and testimony applicable to the case and to defend his client. Did he have good representation? The judge and jury rendered the verdict and judgement........ not the prosecution.

But, evidentally, something is really wrong with this man when the liberals don't like hin and the Democrats don't like him. (tongue in cheek.)

Frankly, I feel pity for this old man who has long had aspirations to go to the Senate, and now sees the possiblity in sight, dangled like a carrot of opportunity and hopeful fullfillment of his life's dream..... and the likely crushing of it by others disgruntled .......not with him or based on his record or associations....... but out of revenge and disgust for the wrongful actions of the one who appointed him. This is not justice to him.

And if the Illinois Congress had done their part, they would have gone into emergency session and either authorized an election or impeached the governor.

3. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I saw it more from the perspective of how the evidence had given doubt or proved to the rest of his staff the person was innocent. I wished he would have listened to his second in command...

Secondly, this article is further proof that some of the death row inmates are innocent which makes us murders when we kill them. It probably shows, I have a problem with what man calls justice.

I feel bad for Burris because he is being placed in a career ending situation. However, I can't feel too bad, he could easily had told Blog NO. He appearently was not his first choice.