1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bush Admin admits another war.

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by billwald, Sep 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As I posted in another thread:

'Course he retorted with something about "IGNORANCE", but nothing has really changed since then!!:BangHead:

2. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

:laugh: And no one's mind is ever changed, but we all feel better for having vented.

3. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Poncho = :applause: :applause:

Perhaps not but we have made agreements how prisoners of war will be treated. Prisoners caught on a battlefield do have rights and up until now America was viewed as one of few civilized countries that abides by those rules.

You are thinking of spies... Spies can be executed but prisoners have rights. War crimes are always prosecuted even if by a hung jury. Saddam had a trial. We had the Nuremberg trials after WWII. We should not be judge and jury here...

4. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

No. You are either mistaken or thinking of someone else here my very good friend NS. It seems unlikely that I would question why Bush doesn't go after Bin Laden as I have stated my belief over and over that Bin Laden is and has been dead for a number of years and the "war on terorism" is a hoax and sham of global of proportions.

Any questions I may have raised about the lack of Bush's willingness to pursue Bin Laden aka "Usama Bin Lazarus" were most likely to make the point that Bin Lazarus is a scarier and more effective boogeyman and propaganda tool from the perpective of a fascist regime if people believe he is still alive and on the loose...

Bin Laden the boogeyman (and his cabal of formerly recruited and coddled by the USA cave dwelling cohorts known as "al Qaeda" or "the base" as in CIA data base) is more useful if he's allowed to pop up in times of need such as Bush's falling poll numbers or when certain legislation is in need of passage that would tend to strengthen the "unitary executive", consolidate more power in fewer hands, limit more civil liberties, side step the U.S. constitution, when a democratic opponent threatens to become popular, or the people just stop being scared into sending their sons and daughters into foreign interventions and forking over mass billions of tax dollars for the sake and benefit of the military industrial complex, the energy companies and all the other assorted multinational public - privateers who reap the steady profits of endless wars and global interventions.

#24 poncho, Sep 13, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2008
  5. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Nope. *You haven't learned anything. :laugh:

Pakistan Raid Start Of Concerted Bid To Hit Al-Qaida

In a last ditch effort to put lipstick on the pig of his presidency, President Bush has ordered an all out assault on areas where Osama bin Laden is thought to be hiding. Not last year. Not the year before. Not the year after he escaped at Tora Bora, but now, six weeks before presidential elections in the U.S. it becomes important to focus on this man, who not so long ago was airily dismissed by Bush: “I am truly not that concerned about him.Source.

Woodward: Bin Laden Capture Could Be October Surprise

Looks as though a democratic opponent is threatening to become popular so naturally the...

"Apprehension of terror leader would virtually guarantee McCain victory"

It's all political theater meant to secure another four more years of fascistic neocon polices of endless wars and reconstructions to keep the war profiteers fat and happy.

*Blue lettering = Link

#25 poncho, Sep 13, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2008
  6. billwald

billwald New Member

Exactly how would killing Bin Laden, if he is alive, cause the US to become safer?

7. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I agree, Killing Bin Laden would be revenge for 9/11 but would do nothing to keep us safe. Behind Bin Laden would be other potentially crazier radicals that may be even worse. However, somehow we have gained the conclusion that killing Bin Laden equals winning the war on terror... I wonder where how we got that thought?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.