1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bush does the right thing, for a change

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Bro. Curtis, Jul 2, 2007.

1. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

How about this...you are both right. The Libby trial was nothing more than a political hack job over pretty much nothing. Yes, he was tried before a "jury of his peers", but it had so much press before hand i'm not sure how they could have found a partial jury on it.

As for the two border agents...they above all others should have their sentences tossed out and receive full pardons at the very least. They were doing their job to protect us and deserve to be treated as heroes. I do hope the President does pardon them sooner than later.

2. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I agree, and Scooter still has the appeals process to go through. But I expect a full pardon, if needed later. I know, I'm not holding my breath.

3. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

I agree with the content of your first paragraph, if not the tone, and fully agree with the second.

4. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

It will if the liberals can find a way to perpetuate this nonsense.

5. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

You can't observe a lack of evidence. You assume that you know where to look. I have no idea.

I think his priorities are terribly misguided. I am past questioning them. I simply denounce them.

Not sure what that means. I don't know much about this case, so I won't comment on it. If I did know a lot and commented, it wouldn't change anything. I simply don't know what Bush has done or considered. I doubt that you do, but unfortunately being ignorant of what he has done or is doing doesn't seem to stop you from commenting on it. It should, however, keep you from making unsubstantiated charges.

6. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

Not in this discussion. Blind loyalty is not a category of propositional debate.

I don't know any blind loyalists anyway so I don't know how that is relevant here.

I agree for the most part, though I doubt they are the worst. It seems we have forgotten the 90s and the last 60s and early 70s. The Clinton WH was just as pandering and powergrabbing, but they were more sophisticated about it. The Bush WH is not leaderless. I don't think anyone doubts who is in charge. He just makes bad decisions.

7. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

:)
    How about O.K.
    Although I couldn't resist the urge last night to keep Pastor Larry up past his bed time.

8. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

I was dumb enough to drink Coke at our fourth of July picnic at 8:00 without thinking. So I couldn't sleep. I usually cut off all caffeine (the little that I have) at 6 ... I forgot ... Stupid me ...

9. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

It simply confirms what most of America already knows. That would explain his low approval numbers........

10. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Congress will investigate, confirming what most of America already knows , the President's power to pardon is indisputable.

That would explain their almost non existent approval ratings.

11. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

Unless we are fooled again. It was hard to see that he wasn't conservative, before the second vote.

12. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

Still, I want a powerful President to stay after terrorists. In that task GWB has been stedfast, though not forceful enough.

13. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

You are correct about the second vote. In 2004, Kerry was totally unacceptable and at the time, Bush had not completely revealed himself. Also, I agree that the number one priority is to protect our country which includes terrorism, however, that also includes controlling the borders.

14. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

Yes it does, for which GWB seems at least ambivalent, if not unwilling.

If faced with the same vote again as in '04' I'd still vote for GWB, because of Kerry, as you pointed out, who is similar to Clinton, but with even less morals, if that's possible.

15. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Running against Kerry. It wouldn't have mattered at all to me.:thumbs:

The White House did not need a traitor like Kerry as a resident.

16. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hardly. President Bush left the task of wiping out al Qaeda and its Taliban allies half done in Afghanistan before foolishing invading Iraq and letting al Qaeda and its Taliban allies off the hook.

17. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hopefully, there are still some conservatives around who put this country ahead of their party.

18. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

Thanks for responding to what I wrote, and not making a single point related to the comments I posted...........