1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bush on the Constitution: 'It's just a [edited] piece of paper'

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by poncho, Dec 13, 2005.

1. prophecynut

prophecynut New Member

The American people should have the right to known the true number of casualties, the number reported by the DOD is a lie, military personnel who have died en route to Germany or in German hospitals are not listed in the official death toll."

We have a bunch of pathological liars in high places of government.

http://www.tbrnews.org/Archives/a1669.htm

2. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The title of this thread makes me laugh. After all the Constitution is an "edited" piece of paper. Edited 27 times that is!

3. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Used to impress the gullible and intimidate the paranoid - unless some group actually did appoint you their spokesman.

We think it's silly to use "we" to give your own opinion extra weight. [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. prophecynut

prophecynut New Member

5. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

I subscribed to Pastor Baldwin's web site until I realized I did not agree with nearly enough of his theology. It took me about a full month to get off his email list. I was really angry, and almost cussed in email pleas. It took an effort like replying something about saying "wagonwheel" while standing on your head on June 4th at 4:27 AM to get taken off his list.

I don't believe a word of these accusations against President Bush, and the capitolhillblue thing looks like a liberal bunch trying to look neutral or moderate.

6. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, yeah, many of them. I don't know of any that I trust implicitly. (Walter Williams probably comes the closest, but when he advocates civil war I just have to ignore him.) Coulter is a slash-and-burn polemicist and Malkin is just embarrassing. I still don't know why I should pay attention to Limbuagh except that he's Rush's brother.

7. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Well, I guess you've proved your point if the point is that you can answer your own questions. Bravo. [​IMG] [​IMG]

And I don't buy the coincidence theories that you do. You'd think (well I would anyways) after awhile they'd get tired of using the same old plays from the same old playbooks. Like "OOOPS! We goofed, we need more money and more power quick", but I suppose if those old plays keep working for you (the people keep buying it) only a fool would abandon them.

Either we got some incredibly inept folks running things or there is a conspiracy. Personally I can't see how Harvard and Yale trained brains can be so stupid to keep making "mistakes" and being rewarded for it with ever increasing power and funding without noticing all the benefits those mistakes grant them.

That's no theory that's history. [​IMG]

[ December 14, 2005, 11:32 PM: Message edited by: poncho ]

8. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

Yea Poncho, only real war heros like emeraldctyangel are allowed to comment on things pertaining to freedom. :rolleyes:

9. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

ACtually, it is common use of "we" in writing and speaking. It has nothing to do with impressing or intimidating. It is a common figure of speech in writing and speaking.

Furthermore, look at what I actually said: I said "we have seen something." We have all seen it, even you, though you may not have recognized it for one reason or another. So when I said "we have seen it," I was in fact correct, even with those who disagree with me.

That's fine. But given your complaints about the use of "we," you seem decidedly inconsistent to use it here. I assume you are being light hearted here because I don't think you would do the thing you complain about. But maybe you are inconsistent.

But I would point out that you were wrong about my reasons. I didn't do it to give my opinion extra weight. I too think it is silly to use "we" to give an opinion extra weight. So at least we agree on that ... [​IMG] ...

Hope your day is great for you.

10. Rocko9

Rocko9 New Member

Yea Poncho, only real war heros like emeraldctyangel are allowed to comment on things pertaining to freedom. :rolleyes: </font>[/QUOTE]Terry, when was the last time that we have had a terrorist attack in Hawaii----not since Pearl Harbor,right? So this must be because Emeraldcityangel is being so ever vigilant in keeping the terrorist out of Hawaii ;)

11. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Nope, it's the Patriot Act :D

12. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

Wow. That is quite a burden you carry around, being the only ones who can see the truth. A conspiracy under every rug and in every closet. Boy am I glad I'm part of that great, mindless herd and don't have to trouble myself with all that!

13. Rocko9

Rocko9 New Member

Nope, it's the Patriot Act :D </font>[/QUOTE]I don't think that this is acting, if it is then emeraldcityangel deserves an Oscar. ;)

14. prophecynut

prophecynut New Member

NightShift
    What you don't know won't hurt you until it happens, by that time its too late to do anything about it.

Although Poncho heads the pack, there's Lady Eagle and others who share our views.

15. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Nope, it's the Patriot Act :D </font>[/QUOTE]I don't think that this is acting, if it is then emeraldcityangel deserves an Oscar. ;) </font>[/QUOTE][​IMG] [​IMG]

16. emeraldctyangel

emeraldctyangel New Member

Yea Poncho, only real war heros like emeraldctyangel are allowed to comment on things pertaining to freedom. :rolleyes: </font>[/QUOTE]Terry, when was the last time that we have had a terrorist attack in Hawaii----not since Pearl Harbor,right? So this must be because Emeraldcityangel is being so ever vigilant in keeping the terrorist out of Hawaii ;) </font>[/QUOTE]That probably would mean to people with common sense that we are doing our jobs out here. Figures rock.

Memo to you: just because US military are stationed in Hawaii or Nebraska or wherever, does not mean we stay there, um its called DEPLOYMENT? Maybe youve heard of it?

Gosh you could win the entire jeapordy category entitled 'I know nothing about the military but will continue to comment regardless" yourself. Sigh - typical.

And to whomever it was that posted the comment about the title of this post - couldnt agree more!

poncho...standby for the rights report: INTACT. [​IMG]

Capitolhillblue: still silly. [​IMG]

17. emeraldctyangel

emeraldctyangel New Member

Were you looking to start your own political based religion? strange.

18. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

The rights reports brought to you by the globalist owned television theater. [​IMG]

19. prophecynut

prophecynut New Member

Never would do it because:

"No one serving as a soldier gets involved in civilian affairs - he wants to please his commanding officer." 2 Tim. 2:4

20. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Too bad the commander in chief's loyalty is to the organized money powers instead of the American people, PN. The top of the chain of command is the bankers and their corporate minions, not George Bush or John Kerry.