1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bush Pens Dictatorship Directive, Few Notice

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by poncho, May 28, 2007.

1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

It is hardly surprising not a single corporate newspaper reported the death of the Constitution. Go to Google News and type in “National Security and Homeland Security Presidential Directive” and hit enter. Google returns ten paltry results, not one from the New York Times, the Washington Post, or related corporate media source. Google Trends rates the story as “mild,” that is to say it warrants nary a blip on the news radar screen. Of course, another death blow to the Constitution, already long on life support, is hardly news. Few understand we now live in a dictatorship, or maybe it should be called a decidership.

“The Bush administration has released a directive called the National Security and Homeland Security Presidential Directive. The directive released on May 9th, 2007 has gone almost unnoticed by the mainstream and alternative media. This is understandable considering the huge Ron Paul and immigration news but this story is equally as huge. In this directive, Bush declares that in the event of a ‘Catastrophic Emergency’ the President will be entrusted with leading the activities to ensure constitutional government. The language in this directive would in effect make the President a dictator in the case of such an emergency,” writes Lee Rogers for Global Research. “The language written in the directive is disturbing because it doesn’t say that the President will work with the other branches of government equally to ensure a constitutional government is protected. It says clearly that there will be a cooperative effort among the three branches that will be coordinated by the President. If the President is coordinating these efforts it effectively puts him in charge of every branch. The language in the directive is entirely Orwellian in nature making it seem that it is a cooperative effort between all three branches but than it says that the President is in charge of the cooperative effort.”

In short, Bush may now declare himself absolute ruler at any moment and Congress can like it or lump it. Naturally, this act of betrayal is of so little importance and consequence, the corporate media believes you are better served knowing Justin Timberlake is in love.

<snip>

“This directive on its face is unconstitutional because each branch of government the executive, legislative and judicial are supposed to be equal in power,” Lee continues. “By putting the President in charge of coordinating such an effort to ensure constitutional government over all three branches is effectively making the President a dictator allowing him to tell all branches of government what to do.”

So much for the first three articles of the Constitution, designed to make sure there remains a separation of power between branches of government. “Ambition must be made to counteract ambition,” declared James Madison in the Federalist Papers. Madison, in his original draft of the Bill of Rights, included a proposed amendment that would make the separation of powers explicit, but this proposal was rejected, primarily because his fellow members of Congress thought the separation of powers principle was obvious in the Constitution. There was no way for them to read the future, or predict the wholesale selling and buying of Congress, a judiciary stacked with reactionary troglodytes from the Federalist Society, and a largely brain dead public apparently more interested in Britney Spears lip-sync concerts than preserving the Constitution, let alone comprehending it.

Bush, of course, takes his marching orders from higher up on the food chain, more specifically the World Economic Forum, the club of billionaires and transnational corporations that meet annually in Davos, Switzerland, where they plot our future. In January, the Forum, “with numerous links to business networks, policy-makers and government, NGOs and think-tanks,” at the behest of Merrill Lynch, Swiss Re and the Center for Risk Management and Decision Processes, and Wharton School, produced Global Risks 2007, a report containing various dire “global risk” scenarios, including “a full-blown [influenza] pandemic, with one million deaths worldwide.” Other possible “global risk” scenarios include “international terrorism” and “climate change.”

But what does all of this have to do with Bush and the National Security and Homeland Security Presidential Directive?

Continue...

2. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

That is kind of the situation we are already in. Congress has shown that they have plenty of bark but very little bite.
    It is almost like we are watching a choreographed event much in the mainstream of pro-wrestling. Everything is decided already.

3. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

This should surprise no one.

As went the Roman Republic, so go we.

4. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Link to text of directive
    http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2007/05/print/20070509-12.html

So watch and see. We'll have some kind of emergency that will unconsitutionally hand over the reigns of all branches of government to the President. He will then be total dictator for life by suspending elections. Too bad we already have a National Security Act that gives him such powers, but with Congressional oversight. This power grab eliminates that oversight.

The directive also includes the private sector. Guess in a dictatorship, the dictator needs control over the media as well. Goodbye free press.

As I always figured, the USA would not fall to a foreign enemy, but rather to corruption from within claiming to act in our best interest.

The enemies of freedom have won.

5. MrJim

MrJim New Member

...so then what??

6. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

Pray for a revival.

"If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." - 2 Chronicles 7:14

"People get the government they deserve." - Unknown​

7. MrJim

MrJim New Member

I hear the revival thing alot, especially from the pastor, but I wonder if we aren't beyond revival and need something bigger? And I'm not sure the Chronicles passage is relevant-the context is for a Theocratic Israel under the Old Covenant...

8. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

I believe you may have nailed why we may be too far gone.

9. MrJim

MrJim New Member

Clarify a little further?

10. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

This is probably a necessary move, given the penchant for Congress opposing the president on each and every move. He must have cooperation if faced with "catastrophic emergencies".

This is something this President has repeatedly sought, but never realized.

11. Ralph III

Ralph III New Member

GOOD GRIEF, HAVE I HAPPENED UPON THE HYPER-CONSPIRACY-THEORIST THREAD OR GATHERING?!

You know Magnetic Poles that is something to the degree one might expect an ignorant child to conjure up. I know you are quite more mature and intelligent than that. Would you be willing to print and then eat those words, with on-line footage/apology, after Bush leaves office?

I for one will simply choose to pray for our sitting presidents and country, as I believe God could intervene for the best. I guess it is OK to voice one's frustrations and anger on occasion; but what an example we set when all we display is the apparent hatred within one's heart toward another. That doesn't say much about our Christian example, does it?

In Christ

#11 Ralph III, May 28, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2007
  12. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

"Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted." - 1 Corinthians 10:6 (Yes, I know the context was Moses.)

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:" - 2 Timothy 3:16

The Chronicles passage is relevant.

13. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Hi Ralph!

I don't hate Mr. Bush, although I despise his policies, and believe him to be the worst President in the history of the republic.

I posited a scenario that I don't think is probable, is certainly possible. I hope it doesn't play out that way. And yes, if Bush leaves office as scheduled on January 20, 2009, I will be the first to say the scenario I stated didn't happen. Still, I don't want ANY president of ANY political party to have dictatorial power. What if Bush's directive is never used by him, but instead the precedent and directive is utilized by some future, malevolent President? Are you willing to risk it? I for one, am not. Could an American Hugo Chavez happen?

Best regards,
    MP

14. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

Nope. This is real life.
    I dub you a conversational terrorist.

You are presuming a lot in that statement.

Blissful ignorance is not a positive Christian testimony either.

15. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

If and when the day comes that Bush refuses to vacate office, I'll be right there in line with my liberal and conservative BB friends, with my gun, to get my country back.

Until that day arrives, I think this is more hot air than anything. I doubt anyone, including Bush, has the guts to stage a coup in this country, at least at this point in time.

I doubt there's anymore to this directive than what it appears to be on the surface, an assurance that the government will remain active even in dire circumstances. There is a far cry from the President saying, "Okay, D.C. is under attack so the capital/government will be moved to Richmond, Virginia, for now" and "Okay, D.C. is under attack so the whole government will be moved to Crawford, Texas where I will run the whole country by myself."

It seems this directive is more along the lines of the first scenario, which has been fairly common since the U.S.'s inception (along with the C.S.A., the Republic of Texas, and any number of countries whose capital was attacked).

16. Ralph III

Ralph III New Member

No it is not Rufus_1611! Otherwise, do a poll on this forum asking the question, do these statements seem rational or simply hate filled rhetoric with scare tactics. It is preparation, in which steps are being taken, for events which have yet occured, catastrophic in nature, that would insure we are able, to continue to function as a Nation and People, during such an hypothetical but possible event. BTW, Magnetic Poles has already re-clarified in a more sensible manner!

What you really mean is that you would like to simply label me and play gossip! I speak my mind clearly Rufus_1611 but as stated, I attempt to do so in a Christian fashion. Simply choosing to criticize the President at every opportunity without ever offering prayers for him or positive solutions, says little of us and a lot about us!

You have it grossly backward! The original statement which I addressed presumes a lot and well beyond, along with a few other posts! If I make such bold statements I am prepared to offer an apology or eat my words if needed. To be otherwise, is simply to be a bombastic person deserving no consideration and indeed criticism. It says a lot of Magnetic Poles that he should re-clarify in such a humble and cordial fashion.

I can read Rufus_1611, and I can assure you that I am adequately educated. However, your statement implies that ignorant people are poor Christian examples. Would you care to re-phrase in a more educated fashion or will we just enjoy slight of hand insults? I will pass on the later.

Christ our Savior says Matt 18
    You may have an issue with Christ as to whether a blissful attitude and calling upon Him in prayer, is a poor testimony to Him or not.

take care

#16 Ralph III, May 28, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2007
  17. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

I have said that Americans will not wake up enough to recognize that we are under a dictatorship, unless someone in authority posts a message saying clearly, "America is now a dictatorship". This presidential directive is the sign that clearly states as much and yet there remain those that think these are the thoughts only ignorant children would conjure up.

"If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier...just as long as I'm the dictator..." - George W Bush​

Here are a articles from some more children on this issue...

18. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :laugh:
    Don't you ever get tired of being fearful as well as as poor predicter of future events?

May I recommend Psalms 27:1?

19. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

There comes the sky again ... :D

Everything you think it can't get any worse, Poncho comes along to ensure that we are never disappointed.

20. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

I would direct your attention to 9/11, when the government acted in concert to respond.

When neccessary, all branches, from whatever persuasion, can and will act together. Having opposing parties helps to balance the response.

This is a dictatorship in the making. God help us.