1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bush threatened with physical violence

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Ps104_33, Sep 4, 2005.

1. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

2. LorrieGrace

LorrieGrace Member

Isn't it against the law to threaten the president?

3. rivers1222

rivers1222 Member

Landrieu also blamed Bush for cutting funding for levee improvement, before bursting into tears on camera.

-----------------------------------
    Is there anybody down there who can keep their composure and just be a leader?

4. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    well, now, if it's illegal to threaten the President with bodily harm, why isn't she in handcuffs ?

5. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

uh, cause they are probably

(1) taking into account her hysterical state

and

(2) they probably haven't forgotten that wild man senator ... and are extending a professional courtesy ...

web page

I am not saying that I support his statements, I just remember them ...

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No one should be threatening the president with physical violence.

But with President Bush's lack of leadership during this period of time I can certainly understand the frustration that led to that statement.

But if it came down to a physical confrontation and I were a betting man, I would place my money on Senator Landrieu. I think she could take him.

7. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Landrieu should be removed from office and thrown in prison, and in most other countries she would have been. As for the levees where is her anger at Carter, Reagan, Bush Sr, Clinton? This issue has been on the table since the 1960s and has been a long standing problem that every administration in recent history has known about. If I know this why does Landrieu not know it? Maybe she does and is just so dishonest and immoral that she would attempt to turn this disaster into a political game? Or maybe she is just ignorant of history and facts? I don't know. However I do know that if a "regular citizen" had made such remarks about the President of the United States they would be getting a personal visit from the Secret Service (and rightfully so). The same should happen to Landrieu and I hope it does.

I think, at the end of the day, Landrieu has just exposed herself as being a political hypocrite. Democrat or Republican she represents what is wrong with the "leadership" of our country.

Martin.

8. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I hear you, but the law is the law.
    Or is it only for regular citizens, as Martin puts it.

9. LorrieGrace

LorrieGrace Member

Martin,

Maybe the president told those around him to just ignore the remark. He knows that she would not actually punch him. Stress can make you say crazy things.

10. Bunyon

Bunyon New Member

The News just announced NO police shot and killed five of 8 gunmen who were firing on Army Corp of engeeners who were trying to fix the levy. Has it occured to anyone that there is a criminal element who does not want rescue or normalacy so that they can carry out there criminal enterprises uninterupted? The federal govt. is not the enemy. The people who use races as an excuse for bad behavior and fire on repairmen are the enemy. Get it!

11. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

People go CRAZY after a storm of this size ...

12. emeraldctyangel

emeraldctyangel New Member

Well El_Guero, there are meds for that.

13. joymcc

joymcc New Member

The President doesn't cut funding, Congress does.

Where is the leadership in Louisiana? Where was the Mayor of NO? Where was the Governor? Did they do anything but moan and complain? Were they down on the streets with those poor suffering people or were they high and dry? Did I miss something? Louisiana needed leadership like that which Guliani provided in NY and it wasn't there.

14. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I seriously doubt that Guiliani would have done any better than Nagin if he had been the mayor of New Orleans. He had it comparatively a lot easier after 9/11/2001 since his whole city was not basically underwater and he didn't have to deal with basically non-responsive federal and State governments.

15. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

A statement like, "If he does this I might have to punch him," isn't, technically, a legal threat.

16. raunhawk

raunhawk New Member

I would hate to be in either situtation, but I would give Guiliani props on his response to an attack that came unexpected. The New Orleans Mayor knew that the storm was coming. As I said in a earlier post, why are these buses in this parking lot when they could have been used to evacuate the poor people before the brunt of the storm.

[​IMG]

I know I am being critical. I am critical of all the levels of goverment for everyones failure. And all the governments since the 60's since they all have known this was a problem. After this catastrophe I am hoping Bush replaces a few dept. heads (Homeland Security, FEMA, etc.) and issues an APOLOGY to the N.O. citizens on behalf of all governments, of all levels, past a present.

17. kubel

kubel New Member

This is an example of man destroying nature to live on land, and nature reclaiming its land.

It's also an example of all levels of government taking the peoples money and not putting it where it needs to go.

As far as threatening the President- I doubt it was a real threat. Just a political move.

[ September 04, 2005, 09:50 PM: Message edited by: kubel ]