1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bush to pressure Senate to revive U.N. sea treaty

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by hillclimber1, May 13, 2007.

1. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Critics say it would put 70% of Earth under control of global bureaucracy

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=55671

In a January 1999 speech, Borgese declared, "The world ocean has been, and is, so to speak, our great laboratory for the making of a new world order."

In an article titled, "The New International Economic Order and the Law of the Sea," she argued that the pact could "reinforce" the goals of the NIEO by giving Third World countries a role in managing access to the oceans.

Her ideas included recognizing the oceans as the "common heritage of mankind" and creating an International Seabed Authority to charge U.S. and foreign companies for the right to mine the ocean floor.

2. billwald

billwald New Member

who should control the oceans?

who should control the oceans?

3. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

Only me and Jesus :jesus:

4. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

Perhaps these folks should put the moon, other planets, our sun, and all galaxy's under UN control, just in case American ingenuity finds a way to mine them.