1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bush unworthy of the Christian vote

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by RRHeustisJr, Oct 31, 2004.

1. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Excellent Joseph!

President Bush is getting the votes of a lot of Christians including mine and everyone in my extended family. All of us have done, or will do so, without apology.

Sometimes President Bush doesn't do or say things exactly the way I'd like but considering the situation, the times, the challenges, etc. he has done very well. He still has to be the President for everyone and the government is not the Church so many issues are not to be decided by it.

All persons, regardless of religion belief, are equal before the civil law no matter how wrong we Christians may find their faith. A President must not inflame those among us who are not Christians even as he himself professes his own faith. That's not easy to do! However, we can, have, and should base our civil law on Christian values. We must not let our values be diluted or eliminated.

If we can get enough support in Congress to work with the President and get him to appoint some responsible sensible Justices maybe they can all work together to start turning more things around and get them going in the direction we want to restore and strengthen the Christian influence in our civil government while still providing full freedom of religion to all citizens.

I'd also, ideally, rather vote for the candidate of choice regardless of party. In my younger years I thought this was possible and didn't want to affiliate with a particular political party. But I've come to realize the importance of party as well in my older years. The political process works by mutual support among those of similar thinking. You can tell a lot about a candidate from those of his party who support him.

Patrick

2. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

I think the messenger of truth is coming out of South Carolina and his name is just-for-peace, though I may be wrong as to who the poster is. Either way I agree with you. And I will also say that you can see that America is split down the middle as to good and evil people. There is such a wide difference between these candidates that this should be an easy decision for those who are 'born again Christans.' There are no other kind of Christians.

I cannot see how a true Christian can vote for a candidate who has been very weak on our military defence and who is for 'partial birth abortion.' I sat next to a Catholic lady who was at our county, phone center and she pressed the issue on possible voters as to the mistake one would make if they voted for Mr. Kerry the pro-choice person. I am an evangelical Christian and I do agree with her conviction coming out of our Christian faith.

My talking points were about of national security and the protection of our children and grandchildren.

"Lord we commit our souls to Thy care and ask that Thou will give our nation one more opportunity to repent of our national sins, Amen."

3. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

The messenger of truth was Jesus Christ. He said things like "Let no man deceive you" and "ye shall know them by their fruits" How many have been deceived by only looking at the fruit of the tree on the left?

That one on the right has just as many bad apples! Check it out.

4. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, this comment just proves one major point: We'll just have to agree to disagree!

I would have agreed if you had said "That one on the right has bad apples also! Check it out.", but the way you stated it is a no-go for me!

5. Enoch

Enoch New Member

GEORGE W. BUSH
    THE ONLY MAN WORTHY OF THE JOB AS
    PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 2004
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

GO W!!!!!!!!!

6. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Vote for no one if you insist on an absolutely perfect candidate. No man is sinless! No man is without fault! No man is without some short coming in some ability. All the "trees" you see among us have some "bad apples" on them. Stay home and let others make the choice for you if you think there is a perfect person.

Recognize that we must choose and to one degree or another some compromise - not on the ideal of principles but on the reality of choice - must be made. Think on which choice God wants and vote for that one. If you believe that God will bring about a miracle and wants you to support a third party candidate then do so. If you believe that God has permitted to be put before us a choice between Bush and Kerry for President then vote your choice according to what the Holy Spirit leads you to do. If you vote you must choose. Even if you write in a name you must choose and that person will also have faults. Go vote for best choice and help America sort out the best person for the job from those that have made it to the ballot.

Then, after all this is over, let's all work with the one - actually more than one since many offices are being decided - chosen to advance Christian principles in our civil government. Work to make the best of the good side of whomever leads us. Pray daily that God will lead that leader in the way that He desires for our nation. Keep after the Representatives, who are really our voice in government, to do what we want. Make them work for us! Hold them accountable for the framework in which the President must operate. Insist that they only approve those appointments for Justices that will uphold the values we want.

I've made my choice for President and it's George W. Bush. I've also made my choice for a whole bunch of other officers of goverment. I pray the Holy Spirit lead me in my choices. I believe it to be so!

Patrick

7. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are wrong. I know many democrats who are pro life, and there are republicans who also happen to be gay. That you would generalise to that extent is frightening. Do you really think that all conservatives are heterosexuals? What about Mary Cheney, who is a lesbian and a republican, then?

Corinne
    </font>[/QUOTE]Sorry, Corinne, but you are quite wrong. The official Democrat Party platform says that they intend to preserve a woman's right of choice, so that the Party is officially pro-choice. The GOP is officially pro-life in their platform.

As for Kerry's belief that gays are born that way, it goes along with Kerry's general favoring of same-sex marriage. Bush and the Republicans favor the Federal Marriage Amendment, which defines marriage as only one man and one woman.

Kerry made a shameful personal attack upon the Vice President's daughter. He was signifying. His answer was not related to the question. Kerry never apologized. Why didn't he talk about Democrat Congressman Barney Frank, the homosexual who represents the Harvard area, or about the homosexual Democrat Governor of New Jersey?

8. Maverick

Maverick Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rock on, Ray! W is not a messiah but the alternative is right close to the antiChrist. Hence I have no clearer choice.

I'd vote the Southern Nationalist Party if I thought they had a snowball's chance to win but since they don't W is the man.

9. PastorGreg

PastorGreg Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If this is true, then we are in sad shape. I notice (again) that none of the rabid Bushies will get their heads out of the sand and actually discuss all the evil this man has promoted. Joseph said CP's won't discuss it biblically. I hardly find a biblical basis for the rationale here - a man who promotes the gay agenda and abortion, and who tramples on the Constitution is "not perfect?" There's a statement by someone who has a tremendous grasp of the obvious. I cannot imagine standing before the Lord trying to explain why I voted for a promoter of sodomy. I will always vote pro-life and pro-family - by the candidates actions, not just his words.

10. Pennsylvania Jim

Pennsylvania Jim New Member

There is no excuse for the remarks tha he made. Any sane, intelligent person who is a Christian knows better. I really makes me wonder. If you know Christ, how can you confuse Him with the Satanic god of Islam?? It's not possible, IMO.

BUT...several have contended that we are electing a politician, not a theologian. While I think that is not good logic, I will go along, just for the sake of argument.

As a politician, he has exploded social spending, federalized medicine and education FAR MORE THAN ANY DEMOCRAT EVER[/I], with a GOP congress, so he can't blame it on them.

Recently he has endorsed homosexual civil unions. He thinks abortion should be legal for rape and incest, and has done practially nothing to oppose it in other cases.

I will not vote for him, he will implement John Kerry's agenda far more effectively that John Kerry ever could.

11. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

But its okay Jim.

Don't you know - we MUST vote Republican, right or wrong.

12. Pennsylvania Jim

It's sad, isn't it?

What if God is simply waiting for His people to stand up for righteousness, rather than side with the world and make excuses?

13. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What if a vote wasted on Peroutka, a born loser, will do nothing more than elect John Kerry?

John Kerry is a man who favors abortion, even partial-birth abortion, and a man who believes that sodomites are born that way. He also favors cut and run from terror in Iraq. No one could out Kerry Kerry, although some of the Constitution Party members can out Herod Herod.

14. PastorGreg

PastorGreg Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A simple message for all "Bush is the Messiah" blind Republicans. A vote for Michael Peroutka is....a vote for Michael Peroutka. Why can't you see that it is Bush's compromise on Biblical truth that loses him the votes of thinking Christians? If Kerry is elected because of it, it is GW's fault alone, not the fault of those who didn't waste their vote by voting for a man who has done nothing to slow down abortion in four years WITH A REPUBLICAN CONGRESS (yes, I am yelling), who has been the greatest promoter of the gay agenda since Sodom, and who wouldn't know the US COnstitution from "Green Eggs and Ham."

15. NaasPreacher (C4K)

I simply cannot understand the philosophy of "He's not as bad as the other guy, so lets vote for him."

16. Pennsylvania Jim

If you compare the techniques used by Limbaugh, Hannnity, and other GOP apologists with the brainwashing techniques developed by the Communists in the 20th century, you'll understand better. I'm not calling Limbaugh or Hannity "communists", just comparing their methods.

Endless repetition of half-truths and distortions, character asassination, excessive appeal to party loyalty (treating it practically as a religion), etc. etc.

17. PastorGreg

PastorGreg Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Would you rather drive off the cliff at 85 MPH or 65 MPH?" Asked the jaded Christians who saw no other option. "Wait, why don't we turn the wheel and go a different direction?" Cried the thinking believers among them. "No!" Replied the stoic no-other-optioners. "Don't waste your energy trying to change the direction of the vehicle. We must choose 65 MPH, that will give us an extra 3.8 seconds to make some changes before we go over the cliff."

18. NaasPreacher (C4K)

So lets say the Republicans decide to run Arlan Specter against Hillary Clinton in 2008. Then what do we do?

19. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

Put Specter on the cover of all of the Christian magazines and encourage the conservative Christian voters to support him, because a third-party candidate is just not viable. :rolleyes:

20. Pennsylvania Jim

Yeah, I can just see it. Christian bookstores with life-sized cardboard replicas of Specter, promoting a book about his fervent faith.