1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bushites Split As Gitmo Abuses Continue

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by ASLANSPAL, Jul 14, 2005.

1. RockRambler

RockRambler New Member

I try not to be so pompous as to think that I am even capable of knowing what Jesus would think or do. I'm just an old sinner, saved by grace.

For me: WWJD = Walk With Jesus Daily

2. OCC

OCC Guest

The Bible tells us what Jesus would think or do. Humiliating people is not one of them. The only ones he had any kind of strong words for were the pharisees.

With all due respect and in all seriousness how can you walk with Jesus if you don't know what He would think or do?

3. RockRambler

RockRambler New Member

I just don't think that I am spiritual enough to know what Jesus would think or do. I pray for guidance not just daily, but probably on on hourly basis!!! (I stop and talk at him a lot throughout the day)

As far as humiliation, no I don't think Jesus would approve, but then I don't think he would approve of war either...but I don't know these things for sure.

Just as in the parable of the wheat and weeds, we will always have things of this world growing side by side with the things of God. War is one of those things. When war occurs, then its war, not missionary work.

4. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

What Would Jesus Do?

A good question.

One thing He would not do is try to tear down this country by continually lying about its leaders and its military. This country has done more good for other people in the world than any nation in history.

5. OCC

OCC Guest

RockRambler, thanks for your gracious response. [​IMG]

OldRegular, Jesus would have no problem tearing down any country. He is not subject to any country. Who is lying about your leaders and military? Who said anything about that?

"This country has done more good for other people in the world than any nation in history."
    Congratulations. The fact that you have to shout it from the rooftops kind of tarnishes it doesn't it? Being the richest country in the world with almost 300million people I would HOPE you do more good for other people than any nation in history. But seriously, it doesn't matter what any country does for anyone. What matters is what Christ has done and does do.

6. OldRegular

This, from a Canadian newspaper, and is worth sharing.
    America: The Good Neighbor

Widespread but only partial news coverage was given recently to a remarkable editorial broadcast from Toronto by Gordon
    Sinclair, a Canadian television commentator. What follows is the full text of his trenchant remarks as printed in the
    Congressional Record:

“This Canadian thinks it is time to speak up for the Americans as the most generous and possibly the least appreciated
    people on all the earth. Germany, Japan and, to a lesser extent, Britain and Italy were lifted out of the debris of war
    by the Americans who poured in billions of dollars and forgave other billions in debts.

None of these countries is today paying even the interest on its remaining debts to the United States. When France was
    in danger of collapsing in 1956, it was the Americans who propped it up, and their reward was to be insulted and swindled
    on the streets of Paris. I was there. I saw it.

When earthquakes hit distant cities, it is the United States that hurries in to help. This spring, 59 American communities
    were flattened by tornadoes. Nobody helped. The Marshall Plan and the Truman Policy pumped billions of dollars into
    discouraged countries. Now newspapers in those countries are writing about the decadent, warmongering Americans.

I’d like to see just one of those countries that is gloating over the erosion of the United States dollar build its own
    airplane. Does any other country in the world have a plane to equal the Boeing Jumbo Jet, the Lockheed Tri-Star, or the
    Douglas DC10?

If so, why don’t they fly them? Why do all the International lines except Russia fly American Planes? Why does no other
    land on earth even consider putting a man or woman on the moon? You talk about Japanese technocracy, and you get radios.
    You talk about German technocracy, and you get automobiles. You talk about American Technocracy, and you find men on
    the moon – not once, but several times – and safely home again.

You talk about scandals, and the Americans put theirs right in the store window for everybody to look at. Even their
    draft-dodgers are not pursued and hounded. They are here on our streets, and most of them, unless they are breaking
    Canadian laws, are getting American dollars from ma and pa at home to spend here.

When the railways of France, Germany and India were breaking down through age, it was the Americans who rebuilt them.
    When the Pennsylvania Railroad and the New York Central went broke, nobody loaned them an old caboose. Both are still
    broke.

I can name you 5000 times when the Americans raced to the help of other people in trouble. Can you name me even one time
    when someone else raced to the Americans in trouble? I don’t think there was outside help even during the San Francisco
    earthquake.

Our neighbors have faced it alone, and I’m one Canadian who is damned tired of hearing them get kicked around. They will
    come out of this thing with their flag high. And when they do, they are entitled to thumb their nose at the lands that
    are gloating over their present troubles. I hope Canada is not one of those.”

Stand proud, American!
    Wear it proudly!!

http://www.personal.psu.edu/users/r/j/rjr201/IST_250/praise.html

http://www.informedbank.com/AMERICA.pdf

7. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Old Regular, it seems that we have some guys here who know how to run everything perfectly and that is the reason that American is being denigrated to the world. Those two are never going to answer my question about the nature of the prison for those murderers. Old Regular, do you notice the total lack of concern for Americans here, including those of us against those two? Imagine being in a prison run by either one of them! They would give you a Koran and tell you to get lost. They show no concern here.

8. OCC

OCC Guest

nice article but the guy is wrong. He seems to forget the many CANADIANS who took stranded AMERICANS into their homes on 9/11. The many CANADIANS who sent money and blood, etc. through the Red Cross. The many CANADIANS who backed you up in your war in Afghanistan. The many CANADIANS (though not this one) who forgave two of your pilots who killed CANADIAN soldiers in a freak "accident" who got off all charges.

This author seems to have historical amnesia. Which country shut down which country's airplane program? A little plane called the ARROW? I'll give you a hint. It wasn't Canada.

"They are here on our streets, and most of them, unless they are breaking
    Canadian laws, are getting American dollars from ma and pa at home to spend here."
    Would this include the drunk American kids who are too young to drink in their own country but aren't too young to be forced to pick up a rifle and die if some people have their way? the same drunk American kids who've killed Canadian citizens in my downtown area the last few years? Those kids?

9. OCC

OCC Guest

I hope you weren't referring to me because I told you the exact opposite. I would not give anyone a Koran and you need to edit that slander and lie from your post before it gets reported. Matter of fact, don't bother. It's getting reported now.

10. RockRambler

RockRambler New Member

That was a radio broadcast that Mr. Sinclair did in 1973.

I think what King James might be referring to is best found in Matthew 6:2-3.

11. OCC

OCC Guest

LOL thanks for shining the light on when that was done. Over THIRTY years ago! lol [​IMG]

Yep RockRambler...our allegiance is to Christ.

12. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I hope you weren't referring to me because I told you the exact opposite. I would not give anyone a Koran and you need to edit that slander and lie from your post before it gets reported. Matter of fact, don't bother. It's getting reported now. </font>[/QUOTE]Oh, so you finally answered the question. Now all we have to do is wait for Ed to answer the question. Ed keeps saying that torture and humiliation are not American, etc, but that is a real strawman because no one ever said that they were. I have another American value for you, Ed, and that is nothing is perfect in this country and it wasn't perfect when you Democrats ran things for 70 years either.

Also, you are technically wrong, Ed, because the government has said that they will use torture if there is an atomic bomb going off in your town in Oklahoma and one man knows how to stop it but won't tell.

So the other question is would Jesus lock someone up for murder and give him a Koran? That is directed to both of you.

13. OCC

OCC Guest

What do you mean I finally answered the question? When I DID answer the question you responded and in a second I will post what you said.

14. OCC

OCC Guest

King James
    1,000 Posts Club
    Member # 8843

posted July 18, 2005 07:11 AM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I never said that. My point was if someone else places it there...they don't have to read it. I don't recall saying anything about if I was the warden and I don't recall saying I would give it to them.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posts: 1310 | From: Windsor, Ontario | Registered: Jun 2004 | IP: Logged |

church mouse guy

4,000 Posts Club
    Member # 3542

posted July 18, 2005 07:13 AM
    I know, that is the reason that I asked the question--let me ask Ed that question, also. I think that to be locked up with a Koran is demonic, but then you two are independent thinkers, are you not?

Now...are you going to say I "finally" answered the question when I already answered it a page before?

15. OCC

OCC Guest

"So the other question is would Jesus lock someone up for murder and give him a Koran? That is directed to both of you."

No...and niether would I. I have clearly told you so.

Here's a question directed at you. Is abortion ok when it involves Canadian, Mexican, and Arab babies? A simple yes or no will suffice. No need to explain your answer.

16. OldRegular

This article was written several yesrs ago before the leftists took over Canada and corrupted their government, their culture, and their moral compass. Why does Alberta want to secede?

17. OCC

OCC Guest

This article was written several yesrs ago before the leftists took over Canada and corrupted their government, their culture, and their moral compass. Why does Alberta want to secede? </font>[/QUOTE]Coming from an American... :rolleyes: funny how you can comment on my country but it's such a crime for me to comment on yours. Alberta wants to secede because they are ultra-conservative. Most conservatives in Canada are moderate. Not leftists. I would agree with you though...the Liberal party (which I did not vote for) has damaged my once great country.

18. OldRegular

Thanks RockRambler, I knew it was quite old but did not have a date.

19. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't be silly. Christianity for 2,000 years has been against abortion. There are no abortions in the kingdom of God. However, I am very happy to be an American citizen and not a citizen of Canada, Mexico, or a country in the Arab League.

This business about the prison in Cuba is vastly overblown and it is mostly you, King, and Ed who are propping it up, although Ed seems to have fled or is busy with other things. As card-carrying Democrats, you should be ashamed to spread false information about a model prison for murderers.

I bet the jail in Windsor is third-class--high on dirt, bad food, bad medicine, and abuse of prisoners. &lt;snip&gt;

[ July 18, 2005, 03:29 PM: Message edited by: C4K ]

20. OCC

OCC Guest

Thanks RockRambler, I knew it was quite old but did not have a date. </font>[/QUOTE]And it explains why the author "forgot" our efforts to help you guys. [​IMG]