1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bush's America

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Jun 13, 2008.

1. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Hey, didn't think you could, but back to the border. How are you going to enforce the laws without increasing government?

God Bless!

#21 steaver, Jun 14, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2008
  2. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

I'd say definition #1 about covers it for sure.

3. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Great, now give an example of how Bush fits this discription.

God Bless!

4. Magnetic Poles

Have you been asleep for the last 8 years? There's something new everyday. Here are a few:
    "And so the fact that they purchased the machine meant somebody had to make the machine. And when somebody makes a machine, it means there's jobs at the machine-making place."—visiting the Silverado Cable Co., Mesa, Ariz., May 27, 2008

"I'll be long gone before some smart person ever figures out what happened inside this Oval Office."—Washington, D.C., May 12, 2008

"How can you possibly have an international agreement that's effective unless countries like China and India are not full participants?"—Camp David, April 19, 2008

"And so, General, I want to thank you for your service. And I appreciate the fact that you really snatched defeat out of the jaws of those who are trying to defeat us in Iraq."—meeting with Army Gen. Ray Odierno, Washington, D.C., March 3, 2008

"I can press when there needs to be pressed; I can hold hands when there needs to be—hold hands."—on how he can contribute to the Middle East peace process, Washington, D.C., Jan. 4, 2008

"All I can tell you is when the governor calls, I answer his phone."—San Diego, Calif., Oct. 25, 2007

"The public education system in America is one of the most important foundations of our democracy. After all, it is where children from all over America learn to be responsible citizens, and learn to have the skills necessary to take advantage of our fantastic opportunistic society."—Santa Clara, Calif., May 1, 2002

"I want to thank the dozens of welfare to work stories, the actual examples of people who made the firm and solemn commitment to work hard to embetter themselves."—Washington, D.C., April 18, 2002

"And so, in my State of the—my State of the Union—or state—my speech to the nation, whatever you want to call it, speech to the nation—I asked Americans to give 4,000 years—4,000 hours over the next—the rest of your life—of service to America. That's what I asked—4,000 hours." —Bridgeport, Conn., April 9, 2002​

5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I see you are once again taking part in that defamation you despise so much with Obama. It didnt take you long to prove my point:

http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?t=50558&page=4

6. Magnetic Poles

In the thread, I was talking about the tone between BB members. However, Obama is NOT a Muslim, but I am providing evidence to establish Bush is an idiot. Big difference. Plus, he is a public figure.

Secondly, the comment about the village idiot was really intended in a humorous vein, proving righties have no sense of humor. Bushies are so hypersensitive that when your fearful leader gets criticism, you get all pouty. Boo Hoo!! Wahhhh!!!!!!

#26 Magnetic Poles, Jun 14, 2008
  7. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I didn't need to he did it for me. :smilewinkgrin:

Upholding the laws already on the books doesn't have to entail an increase in government, rather it could serve to decrease government by getting rid of the "dead weight" and waste that's always inherent in any sprawling bureacracy. Also if the Border Guards were properly staffed and funded from the begining which they aren't there would be no need to increase the size and scope of government. They could do their job a whole lot better if the bureacracy we have now just got out their way and quit hindering them. But then our current government that is bent on merging the USA with two other countries would have one less "reason" for the merger if the borders were indeed secure.

Contrary to popular belief bigger government run amuck is not now or ever will be as efficient or effective as a small government held accountable.

#27 poncho, Jun 14, 2008
  8. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You do that which you condemn others for. This post I quoted is a prime example.

9. Magnetic Poles

[​IMG][​IMG]
    President Bush meets with supporter RevMitchell

WAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!

#29 Magnetic Poles, Jun 14, 2008
  10. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I see, so you measure a man according to his ability to speak proper English and his ability to not confuse his thoughts while speaking. This then makes Moses an idiot as well then by your standards since he himself told God he could not speak well.

Exd 4:10¶And Moses said unto the LORD, O my Lord, I [am] not eloquent, neither heretofore, nor since thou hast spoken unto thy servant: but I [am] slow of speech, and of a slow tongue.

God Bless! :thumbs:

11. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Ok, good advice but now were back to the congress and not the president. Congress must allocate the billions necessary to do what you wish would be done and that would mean giving up their pet projects at home.

What could Bush himself do as president to secure the border? Nothing more than ask congress to spend the money.

I think your beef on issues is more with congress than with any president. I get a kick outa Obama, or any candidate for president for that matter, declaring all the things he will do when elected that he really has no absolute power to do. He really means all the things he will ask congress to do when he is elected.

12. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I'm sorry Rev, but that's funny! :laugh:

13. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ann Coulter: "the man responsible for keeping Americans safe from another terrorist attack on American soil for nearly seven years now"

A rather poor comment by Ann Coulter.

The credit goes to those in law enforcement and in our military.

14. Magnetic Poles

Yeah, it was intended more for humor than a dig at RevM. I hope he takes it in the way it was intended. No offense, RM. :wavey:

15. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Ken points out the problem in politics from both sides. When something is going good the republicans or democrats direct the credit away from which ever party president it is they oppose. When something is going good it is all hail my parties president. God forbid a republican should give a democrat a bit of credit and vise-versa.

btw Ken, the president is the commander and chief of that military!

16. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Produce one person who believed, on Sept. 12, 2001, that there would not be another attack for seven years, and I'll consider downgrading Bush from "Great" to "Really Good."""

Still waiting.

17. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know. However, I don't see him shouldering a rifle in Afghanistan.

18. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I give the credit to those who have earned it. I don't care if the president is a Republican or a Democrat.

Both of the major political parties can go jump in the lake, as far as I am concerned.

The political process is broken in the United States and I have doubts that it will be fixed any time soon.

19. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Can you name me two credits you would give to GW Bush?

I agree, but I don't see anyway to fix it unless the majority of VOTERS STOP VOTING PARTY LINE!! I doubt this will ever happen.

20. Cutter

Cutter New Member

I guess in MP and the worlds eyes, at times, I could also be viewed then as an idiot. My Mother wondered if I would be able to speak at all since my sister had to interpret almost everything I said up to a certain age. I still get tongue tied from time to time. That is one of the reasons I ran from the call to preach to begin with, but I think you have made a very good point, Bro. Steaver.
    On the other hand, I think that the picture with the baby and GWB, along with the comments are a little over the top and an apology should be forthcoming. I can get edgy and terse on here sometimes myself, but I think that was fairly demoralizing and childish, from a man that likes to accuse others of such.