1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bush's court jester

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by JGrubbs, Jun 8, 2004.

1. Pennsylvania Jim

Pennsylvania Jim New Member

Ken, you are seeking to live out your faith in politics. Some only do it in church.

2. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

And some of us do it in real life too, PJ. My Christianity is not limited to church. It is who I am. Your personal attacks are getting old. If you don't have anything of substance to add, then close your browser.

Ken, feel free ... have at it. As I have said many times, I wish there was a third party candidate who was viable. I would certainly vote for one who was. Unfortunately, Peroutka is not. But the truth remains that you are comparing apples to oranges. It is simply not a valid comparison.

3. shane usry

shane usry New Member

OK- everyone! I'm writing in Pastor Larry on my ballot...because I believe he has the same basic moral and political values as I do. Does that not make perfect sense? That's EXACTLY what has been said on this thread about Peroutka! I don't usually post on this political forum, I think it's a waste of our time, I just couldn't help myself! :D [​IMG]

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pastor Larry, you remind of those who say if they would receive a promotion at work they would then work harder, rather than working harder to prove they deserve a promotion. Which leads to me to ask this question based on your remark below:

What are you doing to bring this about? Are you contributing money, talking to family and friends, writing letters to editors, posting around the Internet, posting to email discussion groups, etc., to help make Michael Peroutka a "third party candiate who was viable" like others of us are? Or are you all talk and no do on this subject?

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am rather confident that Pastor Larry would make a better president than either of the Demopublican candidates. [​IMG]

6. shane usry

shane usry New Member

KenH, I agree wholeheartedly! He also has as much of a chance of winning as Peroutka. That's why I will not waste my vote on him. Voting for kerry would be as bad as voting for clinton and her husband! I for one could not handle the pressures of The Office of President of The USA, no more than any of you could. My vote will go to Bush...AGAIN! And I'm proud of the fact that I voted for him the first time. Clinton started the recession, Bushs' policies are starting to take affect, the economy is getting better. He's not perfect by any means. No candidate is perfect...or close to perfect. I would much rather have a man with a backbone such as Bush in the Oval Office, than a wishy-washy amoeba like kerry. Bush will make a decision, wrong or right, with conviction and stick to it! We haven't had that luxury during the last eight yr. presidency. Clinton and her husband were and are both wimps when it came to defending our country.
    Thanks for listening, I'm done with this thread. Father forgive me for wasting the time you have given me. Shane

7. Pennsylvania Jim

Would that be the time you have spent in the voting booth?

8. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

Why? I shouldn't remind you of that at all. I am not sure where you are making that connection from. My vote (at present) for Bush is due to the fact that is the only viable candidate who is even close to the things that I believe in.

I have a higher calling of much more importance than politics. Years ago, I was involved in it. But I got out. If I was not a pastor, I would seriously consider running for office. But my life is totally consumed with ministry, preaching, and trying to reach people with the gospel of Christ. I don't have money to contribute to political causes. I would rather it go to the church. I would rather put my energy towards something with greater value. I am not in the least disrespectful to those of you who feel otherwise and do otherwise. I am glad for those who do it, just as I am glad for those who run businesses, sell cars, work in teh factories, etc. The fact that I am glad and satisfied that some are doing it does not mean that I need to do it.

But we need to realize that the hope of this country is not found in politics. If the godliest man in the country were elected, it is still an ungodly country. The hope of this country is found in the pulpits. When people's hearts are changed by the gospel of Christ and his radical call of living, the nation will take care of itself. I am not all talk and no do on this subject. I am in fact very little talk and contribute my "do" to something else. This is the only place I even have these discussions.

9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1) I can appreciate that. [​IMG]

2) Amen. [​IMG]

10. Pennsylvania Jim

Funny how Christians who "don't have time for politics" or have "higher callings" think that they know better how to do it than those doing the lifting.

11. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

Yet another only thinly veiled attack from someone who appears to have nothing to add to the conversation. In this case, Jim, I have thought through this and have the position that is most clearly in line with what is best for this country at this time. I hope for the day when there is a viable third party candidate. I am sorry that you are offended that I have exercised my constitutional right not to vote for who you demand. Actually, I am not sorry ... I am sorry that you think that everyone who disagrees with you is below you and is ignorant. IMO, your position makes a lot of sense ... if you had a viable candidate. I agree in principle with most of what you have said. The difference is that I realize we live in reality and have to deal with that.

But I do question why you make so many posts that have so little to do with the topic and a whole lot to do with me ... strange ...

12. Pennsylvania Jim

I don't think that everyone who disagrees with my positions are igniorant. In fact, I have great respect for many on the BB who differ with me on many things.

There are only a ver few who I would consider to be ingorant egomaniacs.

13. shane usry

shane usry New Member

I have to agree with you on this one Pastor Larry! Your calling is a MUCH higher calling than any we have spoke of! My prayers are with you, in your ministry. Shane