1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured But what about mom and dad

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Salty, Mar 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

ROTFL!! That's pretty funny. No, I am actually not Pelagian but instead a 5 point Calvinist. ;)

2. Robert William

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you don't believe that death bed conversions are very rare, then you are saying salvation is in mans timing and power, and that's Pelagianism.

Let's give you a little test, please explain the following verse to us.

Rom_1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

#42 Robert William, Mar 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
  3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Double El Oh El!

The non - Cals are accustomed to the name calling and labels by Calvinists. To see Ann get the treatment is hilarious since she is one of the most sensible, well thought Calvinists on BB.

4. Robert William

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your bragging Ann up show me that I'm on the right track trying to show Ann how liberal she is.

5. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We've got Pelagian, we've got Liberal. Can Heretic be too far behind?

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is another Brother on here who has studied this for a while & concludes that there are allot of professing Calvinists who gravitate toward Arminianism. Truthfully, I tend to agree with his conclusion. Now I'm not pointing at Anne or anyone directly.....It just might be prior belief systems (like Catholicism, Methodism, Lutheranism, Pentecostalism etc) that tends to work it's way back into the practices that doesn't get called out on. We should put a post in here dedicated to "Sola Gratia" and see what the consensus is. Truthfully I would also like to see a post dedicated to "New Covenant Theology" since that also rears its head more than I care to mention.

7. Robert William

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They are all interrelated, and are all to protect their free will idol.

8. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    you want to be much more complete in the slanted opinion category? Then try out "Hyper Calvinist" or perhaps "RC Heretic":smilewinkgrin:

9. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We've now got Idolatry! Can False Convert be too far behind?

10. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

No, I do not believe that death bed conversions are very rare. I've seen them myself. Why does God choose to save some at the end? I don't know. That's His sovereign decision. But I can tell you that the ones I've seen are real and I have no doubt that these people are in the presence of their Savior right now.

Why do you want me to explain the verse? It says what it says. The gospel of Jesus Christ is the power of God for salvation.

11. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    a guy on here suggested that I was that.....at one time, so Ive seen that one before.:smilewinkgrin:

12. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is a beautiful illustration of your point.

Another illustration I've read is of a cursing atheist who fell overboard from a ship. He was rescued close to death, and woke up saying, "Praise the Lord!" When asked what happened he said, "As I was going under I remembered my mother who taught me about Jesus, and I called out to Him for help and forgiveness!"

13. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're on the wrong track. Ann is one of the farthest from "liberal" on the BB. Perhaps you need to learn more about the word "liberal" which you throw about so casually.

An actual liberal in the historical and proper use of the term would deny one of the fundamentals of the faith: the deity of Christ, His virgin birth, His bodily resurrection, the Gospel, the Second Coming, etc.

14. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Mr. William reminds me of the story from Luke 18 of the pharisee and the tax collector. Care to guess which character he seems to fit?

15. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

Do you have any idea how callow and childish this sounds?

16. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Read the above again and your question
    reminded me of one of my favorite passages of Scripture:

Matthew 11:28-30
    28. Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
    29. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
    30. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

**********************************************************************************************

17. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

18. Robert William

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ofcourse Jesus and Hid disciples and Prophets spoke like that, why do thing people killed them?:BangHead: DAAAAAAAAAAA

Answer, because they made people very angry. Here are just a few examples in scripture.

Mat 23:12 And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.
    Mat 23:13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.
    Mat 23:14 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.
    Mat 23:15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.
    Mat 23:16 Woe unto you, ye blind guides, which say, Whosoever shall swear by the temple, it is nothing; but whosoever shall swear by the gold of the temple, he is a debtor!
    Mat 23:17 Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gold, or the temple that sanctifieth the gold?
    Mat 23:18 And, Whosoever shall swear by the altar, it is nothing; but whosoever sweareth by the gift that is upon it, he is guilty.
    Mat 23:19 Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gift, or the altar that sanctifieth the gift?
    Mat 23:20 Whoso therefore shall swear by the altar, sweareth by it, and by all things thereon.
    Mat 23:21 And whoso shall swear by the temple, sweareth by it, and by him that dwelleth therein.
    Mat 23:22 And he that shall swear by heaven, sweareth by the throne of God, and by him that sitteth thereon.
    Mat 23:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
    Mat 23:24 Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.
    Mat 23:25 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess.
    Mat 23:26 Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.
    Mat 23:27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.
    Mat 23:28 Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.
    Mat 23:29 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous,

19. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I will let the bold speak for itself.

20. Robert William

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you agree, I have proven my point, or will you remain spineless by not telling people the truth? We all get tempted at times to try and fit in with the world, may the Lord have mercy and strengthen His children. :)

Also you did not answer my question, why did people kill Jesus and His disciples and Prophets?????

#60 Robert William, Mar 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.